Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Protein Bars at night?

Kenvc1
Kenvc1
United States
2002/05/29, 09:37 AM
does anyone have any advice about eating pure protein Bars at night?
I have been eating one before bedtime and was wondering if a protein shake might be better. Even though I am trying to cut up a little, I need the calories and cant stand eating huge meals. I thought that it might be better to have the bar earlier in the day? since I am concerned about the Gylerol/carb calories... Am I causing myself to gain fat if I eat them at night?
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/05/29, 10:03 AM
Kenvc1,
Please use the SEARCH tool on this one. You will find some info. Better yet, SEE the prior post in this section. The whole thing has to do with this very topic, protein at night.

I don't think if you are cutting that you need worry about a bedtime protein bar turning to fat. Just factor it into your total caloric intake for the day.

Ischjli
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/30, 01:30 AM
The prob with protein bars is that often they have too much sugar and saturated fat in them.....

My advice to you, since you want to loose a little weight, take a protein shake (no carbs) with water instead and eat a little almonds or nuts for the needed calories.

No, if you don't eat more than your wanted total daily calorie intake, eating a bar in the night time wont make you fat. It'll just take longer time for you to get cut.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
Sweeny
Sweeny
United States
2002/05/30, 11:17 AM
I agree with Philia2, protein bars are really just a last resort of nutrition when a real meal cannot be made. Almost every one has too much sugar and on top of that, you really cannot beat whole foods. So, I would recommend that you take a very low or non-carb protein drink and/or drink some milk. Milk does have a bit of carbs, but it also contains casein protein. This protein is digested very slowly and will supply your body with protein longer than say a protein drink

--------------
Sweeny, Athlete and Bodybuilder