Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 377, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Proper cardio & weight training plan?

ChicoBico
ChicoBico
United States
2012/05/03, 07:36 PM
Hi everybody,
New here, I was wondering if anyone knows if it's okay to do both the total gym workout as well as the cardio workout plan, since I was looking for a plan that incorporates both cardio and wieight training for both weight loss and toning.
2012/05/03, 11:52 PM
It's fine to strength train as well as work on cardiac training. A lot of people do cardiac work on non lifting days depending on intensity. If your schedule demands that you do both on the same day it is probably better to do them a few hours apart.
2012/05/04, 07:32 AM
Hello mate,

Yes combing both types of exercise is fine and in fact can help you reach your goals. Recent sports and exercises studies in "muscle interference” or “exercise antagonism,” results show that the types of exercises do not effect each other and that they can be done either before or after your strength workout. This is the link if you are Interested In the studies

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/02/mixing-weight-training-and-aerobics/?*********rss&emc=rss

Also it depends on what your goals are and what results you want. For instance I do a mix of different types of exercise as my sport and work require it but if I was wanting bulk up then a would do less cardio.

Good luck