Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Problem with balance

sanddevil
sanddevil
United States
2002/01/14, 03:27 PM
I am a Southpaw and I have noticed that the left side of my body is stronger than my right side,But my right side has better definition when measured arms,guads and calfs are relatively the same size give or take an 8th of an inch. What i have started now is while using dumbells if i get 10 reps with my right side I will only do the same amount of reps on the left side. My thinking is to catch the right side up to the left. thats for Chest, biceps, triceps and delts. Legs on the other hand is another story. I am told I am a genetic freak when it comes to legs I suffered a back injury a few months ago so I have limited squats the only squat routine I do is 195 3 sets of 20 Full squats getting my butt to touch my calfs. Leg extentions I do 255 for reps 3 sets of 15. I do a light leg curl 155 until failure,stiff leg deadlift 315 2 sets of 12. My calfs are the strangest ones of all I havent found my max weight for them yet just for the fact I dont have enough weight done donkey calfs with 3 people on me 625 pounds for 50, sitting calfs with 725 pounds for 50 (bar on knees) we have a seated calf machine with a 3 to 1 ratio with that 1200 pounds for 30. I train calfs once every two weeks heavy and once a week light to just tone. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/01/15, 04:16 AM
Wait Sanddevil, lots of things in your letter and not really a clear question lol it's okey WELCOME here, great to have you among us. I just read your profile and I think it's cool what you are doing.

Okey, your letter's titel is problem with balance. By this you mean that you don't have the same strength in both sides of the body. The best thing you can do there is to work bilateral (and concentrate about using the weak side) until your weak side follows. For ex do lots of chin ups, push ups or (two hands) rowing.

When working legs, do less reps if you want muscle mass.
(why not just try following FT 12 week muscle mass program?!!)

With the calfs, be sure of working in total amplitude -aaall the way up and aaal the way down...... See if this works.

Okey? Did I get it all? lol We are always in here anyway....

Great luck to you.
-Nina
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/01/15, 11:29 AM
Since you are a southpaw (left-handed), your left side is supposed to be stronger than your right. While I'm not a southpaw, I noticed that my left side has more definition (but not bulk) than my right. You should always work your weaker side more in order for it to catch up to your stronger side. I always try to put more emphasis on my weaker side on my exercises.

Same with the legs. Be creative with your leg exercises so that you can isolate each one. Squats, leg extensions and deadlifts unfotunately work both legs simultaneously. Be creative (e.g. try using machine cables to do single leg presses or something).

As far as calves, seems yours are pretty strong. You might want to just tone them. You can try calf presses by using the leg press machine and push out with your toes. However, go with lower weights and push out using one leg at a time.

Since you previously had a back injury, try to go lighter on the weights. Remember, safety first; always train injury free! Good luck...
MuscleRage
MuscleRage
United States
2002/01/17, 03:36 PM
Well...like you said just try to catch the right side up with your left. Try different exercises to add variation. this might help improve the tone of your left side. And i liked to say...yes your legs definately sound amazing. get into some competitions.