Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Prescription weight loss pills

sweetandpetite
sweetandpetite
Canada
2003/05/31, 11:42 AM
I just recently went to my doctor and told him I was concerned about my weight. I am not overweight but feel a little bit chubby and so he gave me a prescription, Meredia. Apparently it is for obese people and i'm only 17 and not even overweight.
Would I have problems if I took it?
Has anyone ever taken it?
00dawner
00dawner
Canada
2003/06/02, 01:26 PM
well, i have never ever heard of that, but take into concideration tht IF that is really you in that picture, you AND your doctor are very stupid. You for believing you are even the slightest overweight...i'd say you are underweight, and your doctor for giving you something you obviously do not need. It could harm you.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/06/02, 07:17 PM

============
Quoting from sweetandpetite:

Apparently it is for obese people and i'm only 17 and not even overweight.
=============
So why do you want to take this? I think you answered your own question on this one.
Eat clean food and exercise, you will see yourself get ok.
Good Luck

--------------
You can walk to anywhere you want, it only takes time.

Ivan Montreal Canada (aka SpongeBob Square Pants to some!)
dahayz
dahayz
United States
2003/06/02, 08:17 PM
Yeah, get another doctor while your at it.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/06/03, 12:39 PM
If you know you are NOT overweight why would you ask for such a thing? I have heard of it and it's not for you or anyone with less than 50 or more pounds to lose. I'm emailing you direct with more info.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Some things have to be believed to be seen!
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2003/06/03, 03:00 PM
I am very concerned on many accounts on this one. First of all you may have a problem with body image. By your pix and own admission you are not close to being overweight. What will you do when you are older and body really changes from having babies or age? I have never met a 17 year old that like themselves anyway. They all think they are deformed or something. I was your age and have 3 older than you and go through this. Next is your doc. Is he for real? It just goes to show you, you can find anyone to amen you if you need to. He is way off base and working in the medical profession for over 30 years I question his judgement here.
I do not know you and don't know if this comment is off base but therapy may be in order for you. You need to think lifestyle healthy for life!!! EAt good real foods in correct portions, exercise, be happy and drink in very moderation forget smoking of any kind or recreational drugs to live longer and healthier. Look for quality of life as years are not promised to any of us. Believe me if you do the above your weight will fall into place for your whole life unless you develop some metabolic disorder. When I started my journey into my new life by losing 25 lbs I was thinking I want to wear those cute jeans. But guess what I got a lot more than I bargined for. My cholesterol is normal now, I have more energy, my head is clear, sex drive is up lol and still look cute in those jeans lol. Think more than body image and get help if you need it.