Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

power clean not improving

kent_brockman
kent_brockman
Australia
2004/05/11, 11:02 PM
my powerclean is not improving. I do 4 sets of 3 powerclean/front squat with 3 mins rest between sets, yet it still doesnt increase as my other lifts, bench, military press, deadlift, which i train equally have increased at the desired rate, could it be my flexibility or there lack of that is holding me back? someone help me :(
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/05/12, 11:58 AM
Flexability could be an issue.....it wasn't till I got a lil more flexaible that my squat went up. Cause the feet placement I needed that I worked best in , I couldn't do because my hips wheren't stable enough, nor could i get into that posistion...so i'd work on that 1st then try

Look at your form, cleans is more abotu form than strength, i seen some skinny skinny guys do over 200lbs on clean, that could only bench like 125, just cause of good from. I had crappy form lol, mine was all muscle and strength, and not fluid, if i had actually worked on it, I probbaly could be a very good olympic lifter, so work on getting bar high, droping your hips and butt, and getting under tha bar.......there are web sights you can go to to sho you actual pics of the good form
And if you have good form and are still stuck try....
Hang cleans, instead of the bar being at rest at your feet on the floor, the bar is at your knes, with the weights about 3 to 4 in fromt he floor.....your back is still straight,shoulders still back , just like a regular floor clean. Only thing is the weight is suspend in the air. YOu might have to lighten the weight a lil bit but thats ok, you'll get used to this form, and posisition.

aLso if you have rubber weights( DO NOT do these with metal weights) do clean high pulls, get a light weight, grab it a lil more toward the middle, where you would do an up right row...explod, pull the weight off the ground as fast as you can, and as high as you can, then let go......and move. Let me say this again, if you do this with metal plates you can get hurt and break them, only if you have bumper plates.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/05/20, 09:22 PM
take a break from the powerclean, and instead, do variations, like the clean and press or clean and squat is great to get your form perfect so that you finish close to the ground, and the lower you get, the less the weight has to travel.
My power clean went up immediately once i started learning the snatch.

--------------
"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves."

'Isnt that lifestyle boring?'

"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny."
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist