Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

post workout glutamine

mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/08/07, 02:38 PM
The rest of the article is on the AST web site (link below). This ought to interest some folks that are restricting carbs and is definitely another plus in the glutamine column.

http://www.ast-ss.com/research/cribb/research_reviews/rr_full_text.asp?rrID=103

"Muscle glycogen is the storage form carbohydrate and the primary fuel of intense exercise. For bodybuilders, glycogen-full muscles mean a greater work capacity, faster recovery and muscle growth. Many bodybuilders restrict their carbohydrate intake in an effort to remain lean, this can create low muscle glycogen levels that limit recovery and the ability to train intensely. This study demonstrated that taking glutamine straight after training stimulates glycogen synthesis in muscles and appears just as effective at restoring glycogen levels as a high-dose of carbohydrates.

jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/08/07, 09:57 PM
Good article!! Thanks for posting it.
I always try to take my glutamine (and protein) with a bunch of carbs. Seems to speed up my recovery time. I can't really feel a difference when I'm taking glutamine, but I can sure tell when I'm not!

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."