Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Possible PWO Change

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/11/25, 06:54 PM
Well I'm thinking of doing away with Whey and Powdered Carbs and just pounding down whole foods PWO as it is I take shake and within the hour eat a meal so why not just make it a bigger meal.

I love Milk Protein Isolate and will stick with them for 2 shakes a day to help aid in calorie and protein intake.

I want to hear from those that have done as I may and tell me how it effects their recovery of if it has no effect.

I use to believe taking BCAA's was vital to recovery but that's because I wasn't eating right and now I'm thinking the Whey mix may also be hogwash and should be replace with whole foods and allot of it.

I started off 3 years ago at a 235 out of shape type of guy and had dropped down to 176 at one point but hatted the results so I started lifting allot heavier and eating more and have come up to 210 in shape.

My Goals are strength and explosiveness, I may be starting to get some decent numbers up on the big 3 soon but nothing major impressive.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2008/11/25, 10:53 PM
It's not hogwash, but it's not the only way, either. Your body does not care whether it gets its nutrients from liquid or solid. All it wants post workout is simple carbs and whole proteins. Generally, people will do a liquid over a solid purely for palatability (solids may sit too "heavy") and convenience. However, as long as the fat content is low (so as not to slow down absorbtion), your body will get what it needs from liquids and solids alike.

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/11/25, 11:56 PM

============
Quoting from rev8ball:

It's not hogwash, but it's not the only way, either. Your body does not care whether it gets its nutrients from liquid or solid. All it wants post workout is simple carbs and whole proteins. Generally, people will do a liquid over a solid purely for palatability (solids may sit too "heavy") and convenience. However, as long as the fat content is low (so as not to slow down absorbtion), your body will get what it needs from liquids and solids alike.

=============

Yeah hogwash is a strong word and wrong word but it was quite unpleasing to find out how wrong I was on BCAA's I just don't want to feel that waste of a feeling again.

I actual learned it with creatine also when I finally caved into mono and will never turn back as it's night and day to CEE and Di-Creatine and for me Di-Creatine being promoted the best worked the least as I lost some push by switching from CEE to Di but going to mono was hands down the best move.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2008/11/26, 11:07 AM
Exactly. The other creatines may work, but CM is the only one that has sooooo much research behind it, and it is alot cheaper.

That's how alot of these things go. There are some great things out there, but even more crap. So, don't go by word of mouth, but by the research that is published.

--------------
Michael

Strength & Conditioning is not everything; it just really sucks to be weak and slow.