Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Please Help get rid of my man boobs!

Iskreemman
Iskreemman
United States
2003/09/08, 02:32 AM
Ok I just got done playing college football and I had a lot of extra weight so I could play but know that Im done I want to get around 230 and be toned but right now Im about 255 and I have man boobs:( my arms are nice and tone and I don't have a gut or anyting like that just man boods:( so I went out and bought Ripped Fuel and plan on takeing it of course but I was just woundering if anyone had any other thought's on how to get rid of these bad boys.
Ogun
Ogun
United States
2003/09/08, 08:39 AM
There's a million theories...

There is a medical definition called Gynecomastia... the following excerpt is from www.gynecomastia.org:

"The term comes from the Greek words gyne meaning "woman" and mastos meaning "breast." In practical terms, this means abnormally large breasts on men.
The condition is relatively common in adolescent boys, and 90% of the time symptoms disappear in a matter of months, or, as adolescence wanes, a few years later. But the remaining 10% are burdened with a social handicap that causes a deep and complex shame, and puts one's relationship with one's body at risk.

There are several potential causes:

puberty
steroid abuse (bitch tits)
obesity
marijuana use (this is in question)
tumors
genetic disorders
chronic liver disease
side effects of many medications
castration
Klinefelter Syndrome
Gilbert's Syndrome
aging
The Remedy

In cases of obesity, weight loss can alter the gynecomastic condition, but for many it will not eliminate it. For all other causes, surgery is the only known physical remedy. Once the physical encumbrance is lifted, psychological scars still need to be addressed. One must come to terms with one's body, accept it, and heal the wounds from the past.

Psychological Issues

Gynecomastia can be emotionally devastating. Feelings of shame, embarrassment and humiliation are common. One does not feel masculine in a society where masculinity is exalted. Self-hate threads itself through all aspects of the individual's life, creating an insidious web of powerlessness. A man or boy with gynecomastia struggles with anxiety over such simple acts as taking off his shirt at the beach.

For many men, the best solution is surgery. That accomplishes step one of the healing. Step two is psychological redress. From childhood taunting to a lifetime of hating his chest, the hurt feelings will not go away with the fact of breast reduction alone.

Men who have developed gynecomastia later in life from steroid abuse or some other cause may have little to no psychological distress. However, for some in this situation, it can leave them feeling out of control of their body or emasculated in some matter. Hopefully, corrective surgery will resolve these feelings, for some it will not and therapy will needed to relieve the distress.

It is important to recognize the scars on the inside. This is difficult work because it means coming to terms with one's body and past. Acknowledging the pain, moving into a new relationship with one's body and changing how he thinks the world sees him is the key to healing and freedom.

Men often have a very difficult time talking about their breasts to anyone, but it is the first step toward relief. Realizing that they are not alone is a powerful antidote for the shame and a beginning toward healing."

--------------
--There are no versions of the truth.--
Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park II
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2003/09/08, 11:34 AM
Excellent post. You may wish to get a consult with your dr. putting your condition on record and writing a letter to your insurance company thereby possibly getting insurance to cover the surgery if needed. I agree this is psycholgically scarring and should be covered. This is more common than you think however and check out plastic surgery sites or a search engine on this condition so you won't feel so alone and can get answers. Surgery is costly, painful and not without risks however, so you need an informed decision. I work in the medical profession and have worked with plastic surgery patients and almost all the time, results are wonderful. Good luck.
profylez1
profylez1
United States
2003/09/11, 02:27 PM
Have you been taking any type of steroids or PHs?? If so, what?
Iskreemman
Iskreemman
United States
2003/09/11, 03:22 PM
No I was a skninny kid growning up then one year I didn't play any sports and I've had them ever since
profylez1
profylez1
United States
2003/09/11, 03:51 PM
How old are you??
BigJDeDona
BigJDeDona
United States
2003/09/11, 04:42 PM
hey man, im 16, adn i got the same problem as u. i wieghed 250 freshman year of highschool, b4 softmore year i got down to 205 in like a month, unhealthy but it worked, cept for those damn bitch tits. they ddint go newhere, infact they got worst. im back up to 250 now cuz im a senior and im mroe solid now but hell they r stil there. my doctor just suggested plastic surgery on my "breasts". it was depressing to hear my doctor call them breasts but we actualy do have breast tissue from gyno. i got a doctors appointment next month to find out bout the surgery, ill let u kno. u should look into it
rickyshot
rickyshot
United States
2003/09/11, 10:10 PM
Big J keep us posted. I have seen results from this surgery personally and although you will have pain, you will also have beautiful results. You need a few months to see the final results but after 6 weeks you will see a big difference. Let us know
Iskreemman
Iskreemman
United States
2003/09/13, 02:40 PM
Im 19
csckris
csckris
Singapore
2006/06/22, 04:45 AM

Article taken from www.sgfitness.com

What is Gynecomastia?

Gynecomastia is a man's dreaded medical condition or what is commonly know as “male breast” and "man breast". It originates from a Greek phrase meaning “women-like breast”. Many men, both young and old will at one time or another be afflicted with this male breast syndrome. Surprising isn't it?

Yes, gynecomastia is actually quite common and it is thought that one third or more males would have experienced this physical condition. It may affect only one breast or both and is a big cause of embarrasment amongst men, young and old alike. Many men are forced to consider surgery as an option to get rid of their male breast. Fortunately, most male will get rid and lose their man breast naturally. Why?

Why some men have female like breasts?

Young boys until they hit puberty will have a small amount of breast tissue under the nipple or the areola area. Upon puberty male hormones produced by the testicles prevent further growth of breast tissue. So many boys do get temporary gynecomastia. Males with gynecomastia can feel a button like growth under the nipple area. Sounds familiar?

Unfortunately for some men, the man female breast like condition remains and continues into adulthood or if it occurs when the male is already an adult, it is due to hormone inbalances. In most cases, the over production estrogen (female hormone) or the lack of testosterone (male hormone) are the culprit.

Other health conditions and habits can cause gynecomastia due to over production of estrogens through liver diseases and obesity which can alter the testosterone and estrogen balance in the body. Similarly, men who smoke marijuana or consume alcohol regularly may also develop gynecomastia. I am sure you have seen compulsive male beer drinkers with big bellies and male breasts, haven't you?

Because of these breast tissues in males, men too can develop breast cancer. This came as a surprise isn’t it? That is why when men developed breast cancers, it will usually be at the advanced stage because men simply don’t check themselves for breast cancer as they think breast cancer is a predominantly female disease.

Some commonly prescribed medicines can sometimes cause gynecomastia too. Some of these medications are for the treatment of ulcers, heartburn, heart diseases and high blood pressure. If you have gynecomastia and are taking these medications, do check with your doctor whether your male breast condition is caused by the medications and if so, see if there are any alternative medicines that will not aggravate gynecomastia.

How to get rid of male breast condition without surgery?

There are surgical procedures that can correct gynecomastia satisfactorily. However, if you do not wish to be put under the knife of a surgeon, you can take simple steps to reduce men’s breast or even cure it completely.

Take natural health supplement – Supplements which can help boost your body’s natural production of male hormones (testosterone) such as Tribulus. Avoid all forms of steroids or artificial testosterones unless prescribed by your medical doctor.

Chest (Pectoral) muscle exercises – Exercise your chest muscles (pecs) and develop a strong chest to pull up and tone your chest so that your chest is firm and won’t look droopy or saggy like a girl's breasts. The target upper chest area during your workout which can be exercised with various types incline presses. These exercises will keep your chest broad and firm.

Weight loss program – Go on a weight loss program. With less body fat, your male breast will look less obvious. Further more, if your weight loss program includes weight lifting, it will cause your body to produce more testosterone and in turn suppresses the creation of estrogen.

Avoid alcohol and marijuana – Both substances are known to increase production of estrogens. They are bad for your health and acohol do damage your muscles and organs particularly your liver.

As a fitness personal trainer, after putting my clients through the above program, many have happily reported marked improvements on their gynecomastia condition to varying degrees. Some even reported that their male breasts syndrome are hardly even visible anymore.

If you are suffering from gynecomastia and dread the surgeon's knife, try the prescribed methods above to get rid of your male breast and don't be surprised when you see your man breast reduced to the level that the surgical option may not even be an option anymore.

--------------
My websites :- www.sgfitness.com and www.sgfitnessonline.com
maxcdc
maxcdc
Belgium
2006/06/22, 05:06 AM
Blood test to see if it's an hormonal problem, if it is, you ll just have to take some pills, if not, there is nothing you can really do... except surgery

I believe tribs is really not gonna help any body... I think it ll increase the "boobs"

Training hard will not make them dissapear, but it ll look a lot better :)

A stupid thing, if you have gynecomastia, do not make "massage" or whatever to your boobs, this will make them grow
Canada
2006/06/22, 12:11 PM
out of curiousity, how much would this surgery cost, and also, how long would you have to stop working out?
fouts
fouts
United States
2006/07/18, 01:10 PM
Well I have to say surgery should be your absolute last option. I have the same problem but I went to the doctor and was told I have no breast tissue, I'm just shaped funny. Those were his words. Well I was shaped funny because I have been drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana and not exercising at all and eating a terrible diet for many years. This was about 4 years ago. I joined the military and lost a lot of weight but did not gain much muscle. About 2 years ago I got into lifting and have been hooked ever since. I train hard and eat properly and I have seen a dramatic change. I finally quit drinking and smoking as well. I have done a lot of research on diet and exercise and I am currently a full time college student majoring in Kinesiology. You can transform your body! You just have to work hard! I have seen too many bad things about liposuction and too many horror stories such as botched procedures where people come out looking worse than when they went in. Just try to fix the problem yourself before you consider going under the knife. I am still not completley where I want to be fitness wise but I am dedicated and I know that change doesn't come overnight. I am happier with my body than I have ever been and it can only get better. Remember you only get out of training what you put into it. Set your goals high and never give up!
2006/12/09, 11:27 PM
the last post is 6 months old and original post is over 3 years old...what's the point of your post.....check the date of the post before you add to it...