Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Pitching arm Pain.

jester2082
jester2082
United States
2004/05/19, 01:42 AM
I am a 22 year old RHP, and for the past two years, I’ve been experiencing constant pain in my right arm when I pitch; it starts about outer mid bicep and runs down to my upper forearm. When it started I was playing Independent ball in the central league, in which my trainers examined me, and said they didn't find anything. I shut her down that off-season for about 5 or 6 months, and it still continued. Recently I was released by Boston; same deal countless MRIs and tests, and still nothing. Although my velocity has never decreased, after I Throw about 40 pitches I can barely lift my arm due to the pain, Ice and rest a day and its back to normal. At this point I have no clue what to do, I’ve seen docs/trainers and they can't find anything, but yet I can't ignore the fact that every time I pitch the pain returns. Any advice would be appreciated thanks.
jester2082
jester2082
United States
2004/05/19, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the info; Hopefully the majority of my problem is coming from not being properly warmed up before I take the hill.
tablet
tablet
Australia
2004/07/13, 10:07 AM
I had a similar prob with my arm, i used to get a pain after a while and then my whole arm would get pins and needles feeling and then eventually i couldnt feel my whole arm at all. After many scans and dr/physios and every other person checking out my arm and giving there two bucks worth. I finally found out that when throwing a drop curve which was my fav pitch i used to really rip my arm through, and that as a result i would pinch a nerve in my arm due to the action. after modifying my throwing action with a biomechanics coach i sorted out the problem. maybe you have a suspect action as well. might be something worth looking at.