Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Perfect Triceps

sandman1202
sandman1202
United States
2001/06/19, 12:34 AM
I have just read that females are now interested in working out more than ever. The statistics said that most women focus on their Triceps. I wanted to share an exercise that I learned which hits the inside portion of them giving you that perfect "horse shoe." Using the cable weight machine grip the handle palm side up. With your chest forward, shoulders back, and arm at a maximum angle of 90 degrees, straighten your arm. How you hold the handle is very important. So make sure your hand is kept perpendicular to the ground only when you're starting the exercise. Your thumb muscle in the palm of your hand should be the highest point on your grip. If there are any questions feel free to ask. GOOD LUCK!
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/06/25, 10:23 PM
Is there anyway I could do this same exercise without the cable weight machine grip. The gym in our apt. complex doesn't have it. So can I do this with dumbells?

Thanks.
sandman1202
sandman1202
United States
2001/07/03, 12:30 AM
Yes, but it won't be as affective. The exercise is as follows: With dumbell in hand extend your arm vertically as if you're reaching the ceiling. Have your palm facing the dorsal half of your body (back) and keeping your humorous stable, flex your elbow so your hand goes towards the lateral head of your deltoid (back of your shoulder). Now simpley return to your starting position keeping your humorous PERFECTLY STILL, the flexing motion should be felt on the medial portion of your tricep, or the inside of the "horse shoe." This exercise is just an innovated version of an original exercise, the tricep extension. Try this and let me know how it works.