Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Pear training without building muscle

Lovin_my_pear
Lovin_my_pear
United Kingdom
2009/09/26, 06:48 AM
Hi :)
I am a size 8 (us 4) on top and 10 (us 6) on the bottom and am desperately trying to seek the right way to lose weight from my thighs and how to tone my bottom slightly without bulking. I DONT want to be really toned/ defined/ muscly and i dont want tp build up my top half. I like my feminine curves but just have some flabby excess on my bottom half as well as cellulite (which ive had since 18). What exercise/ diet would be best? Any advice appreciated. I dont want to get this wrong cos the last thing i want is to build muscle as i did in past cycling.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/09/26, 07:31 AM
I copied and pasted this for you from another post I did,
Take what you want from it, but I would say diet and exercise is the key.
Do not worry about bulking up. You can keep your nice curves and still be toned. Look at what fatty foods you can cut.

Cellulite affects about nine out of ten women.

Excess weight, lack of exercise, deficient nutrition, long periods in a static position, smoking and certain medication are some of the factors that can lead to formation of cellulitis. These factors can be modified, which means that your lifestyle influences the formation of cellulitis. However, there is another, hardly modifiable factor to be taken account of: heredity.

Cardiovascular physical fitness activities, such as on treadmills, elliptical trainers, stair climbing machines and stationary bicycles, play a major role in preventing and alleviating cellulitis. Cardiovascular training promotes weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight, which leads to smaller adipocytes. In addition, this type of training facilitates blood circulation and promotes cell irrigation or a reduction in water retention, another possible cause of cellulitis.

Apart from fighting cellulitis, training will benefit your health in many wayS

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)