Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Patman say Hi to all

Patman
Patman
United States
2002/04/03, 01:46 PM
Another new one to the list that wants to get bigger, faster and stronger.

Any ideas on how to stay motivated when working out by yourself? I start out strong but fade out as I get tired. Which means I usually skip abs
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/03, 02:53 PM
Welcome to ft! There are many members (including myself) who usually work out alone. For me, it's not hard motivating myself...especially after I increase my weight load, then look at the mirror to see that my muscles are fully engorged (aka the pump)! It's a great feeling!

Anyway, I do abs on different days (usually my non-weight training days), unless it's leg or arm day.

Motivation comes from within, but we're here to help you if you need more! Just think of that physique that you'll end up with...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/04, 01:24 AM
Just think that you'll be one good looking man soon....
I work out alone and it's seing the results that keep me motivated.
Put on some good music and gooooooo ahead.

Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
TiredRob
TiredRob
United Kingdom
2002/04/04, 05:28 AM
Hi guys,

Ok, right now I've just toured through the website and motivation is high. Excellent looking site for a complete beginner such as myself.

However..

I started this fitness/build muscle mass a few years ago but gave up after a couple of months, disheartened that I didn't really see any difference going on with my body (although my strength had increased some). Question is, how long realistically before I can get to visibly see some benefit (muscle gain and tummyloss!) ? I can see how it would keep motivation up to see a real visible improvement, but my willpower is sometimes a poor loser to my impatience!

Cheers,

Rob. (thin man, round belly ;¬) )
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/04, 07:39 AM
PATIENCE!!!!! Do you think that a super body is build in two months AND do you think it's EASY?!!!! Nooooo way. You need patience and looooots of determination.

Oh, sometimes I really don't feel like training and I REALLY would like to eat three huge creamy sundays with tons of choc (not to mention all the marchmellows.... yummy!!) BUT I know that if I do all this (regulary) then I would loose the beautiful shapes of my body and it'll turn into a big potato formed shell.....

Hmmm so I train, I follow my diet, I smile and I'm darn happy of the results!!!

Seriously TiredRob, try following one of FT's great exercise programs and you'll see changes in 6-8 weeks already. To succeed your program you also need to eat healthy and do some cardio at least 3 times weekly.
Everybody can succeed in this and we'll be here to help you all we can.

Also please fill in your profile.

Keep smiling buddy!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/04, 10:25 AM
Nina hit that nail on the head!! You've got to have patience and determination. You are expecting too much too soon! And, your diet back then probably counteracted all of your weight training! You've got to have a good combination of both to achieve results.

Good luck this time around, and welcome to ft!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Patman
Patman
United States
2002/04/04, 12:26 PM
I work better with a partner. Especially with heavy weight. I feel much more comfortable putting on that extra 10 or 20 lbs or get that extra couple of reps. I wouldn't look very good with a barbell protruding from my chest. A spotter is a must!

God Bless and happy lifting.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/04, 04:03 PM
Well, we can't all have access to a spotter. I understand where you're coming from...spotters come in handy when doing bench presses. I've just learned to not try so heavy later in the sets. Besides, there are other ways to shock the muscles without necessarily going heavy all of the time.

--------------
**_Robert_**
TiredRob
TiredRob
United Kingdom
2002/04/05, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'll try to be patient!

To be honest, I'm not expecting to be transformed overnight or anything like that, it's just that it'll be nice to be able to look in the mirror and see a positive effect going on. I'm sure that'll help spur me on to keep it up. I'm planning on starting a beginners muscle gain and abs course on Monday, so hopefully I can come back in a couple of months and congratulate you guys on being right!

Cheers,

Rob.