Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Pain under collar bone into upper chest

YodelingAdam
YodelingAdam
United States
2004/04/12, 12:46 PM
I'm hoping someone can tell me what this is because I have no idea. I somehow 2 days ago started having this pain on my right side near my shoulder. It doesnt seem to be a normal shoulder injury if thats what it is. When I push my shoulder forward (like if I was flexing my pecs real hard) or push the shoulder backward, I get this weird pain underneath my right collar bone and upper right part of my chest. I feel a little in my shoulder as well. The weird thing is, I can rotate my arm, bench weight, or anything else and I won't feel pain.

The only thing I can think of is 3-4 days ago I slightly pulled a muscle in my right lower lat. I iced it immediately after and 2 days later it felt completely fine, no pain whatsever.

If anyone has an idea what this could be, let me know. I really don't want to go to a doc so I can hear "Rest for 2 weeks and take some ibruprofen"

ARGH!:angry:
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/04/16, 05:16 PM
it is probably just some freakish strain from something completly normal, i think, judging by the painyou described, i had the same thing when i began plaing guitar, for a short while i thought it was my heart, but it wasn't, luckily enough!

--------------
todays post was bought to you by the letter A, and the fact that paintball hurts.

talkSPORT - 10.89 and 10.53 AM/MW
quality radio from 10pm to 5am the next day.
talksport.net
YodelingAdam
YodelingAdam
United States
2004/04/16, 05:26 PM
Ya I think that's what it was. It's almost completely pain free. Weird