Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Pain from elbow to shoulder

FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/04/05, 10:09 AM
Been having this dull ache behind my elbow that occasionally comes up behind my shoulder. Noticed it when I was doing incline BB bench. However, it doesn't hurt when I workout, only when it is stationary or without resistance. To touch it is fine but it's a deep, dull ache that only comes around once I begin to lift (not during as stated, but after a set).

Sorry but any ideas?

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
jaytori129
jaytori129
United States
2007/04/05, 10:11 AM
tricep usually, and if it is pain from elbow and occassionally shoulder it may be being strained...when I first started skullcrushers at high weights I had the same pain and wouldnt hurt when i worked out, also i would have an occasional spasm that would hurt and kinda jerk my elbow...hope that helps
FilthyPL3B
FilthyPL3B
United Kingdom
2007/04/05, 12:36 PM
Appreciated Jay, so I should be fine to continue? I don't have another upper-body until Monday, so I assume so?

Perhaps I'll put more effort into my stretching before a session.
============
Quoting from jaytori129:

tricep usually, and if it is pain from elbow and occassionally shoulder it may be being strained...when I first started skullcrushers at high weights I had the same pain and wouldnt hurt when i worked out, also i would have an occasional spasm that would hurt and kinda jerk my elbow...hope that helps
=============

--------------
If in doubt K.I.S.S.
k-ok
k-ok
United States
2007/04/06, 04:40 PM
Try backing off of the weights a bit and see if that helps. If it still hurts, cut out the uper body exercises that are irritating it. When you feel ready, work the weights back in slowly.

Remember to ice. It stimulates circulation and promotes healing.