Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

over eating

larameriem
larameriem
Morocco
2005/12/11, 04:30 PM
i really am suffering from a real problem:each time i start my diet ,i follow it for 2 or thre days then i overeat ,and then start and overeat....this is too 'insupportable'!
i need some help!
jenkulick
jenkulick
United States
2005/12/25, 10:57 PM
I do the same exact thing...i think the longest i went with eating healthy was like 3 days....but mine is getting worse and im started to notice that my clothes dont fit anymore....so im right there with you.....how do you get past those intial days?????
Ashley3456
Ashley3456
United States
2005/12/27, 09:12 PM
There shouldn't be such thing as a "diet", the only sure fire way to change your eating habits are to change your lifestyle. Fad diets do not work, and if you do manage to follow them for a decent time, as soon as you go back to your original ways chances are you will lose your results. You need to adapt your meals to be more healthy and keep it that way. It is hard at first, but if you want it badly enough then you will take the torture and soon you won't crave those sweet foods that are bad for you as much. Don't totally refuse foods you crave, or the cravings are only going to get stronger and chances are you will give in.. its all about moderation and cutting yourself off. I find if i brush my teeth or take a swig of mouthwash after i think i have had enough then the minty taste just doesn't seem appealing with whatever i was eating. I find whenever i think about eating something fattening, i do something to take my mind off of it like go for a run or do crunches until my stomach hurts so bad i can't even think about it. Another good way is to eat many small healthy meals a day, and to keep yourself feeling not hungry. Hope this somewhat helps.. it is hard!!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2005/12/27, 09:18 PM
Nice post ashley. It is a lifestyle and the problems people have don't develop overnight. They won't go away overnight either.

--------------
Mike
in Pensacola Now.
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/12/29, 07:22 PM
That is the tough part, the first few weeks and that is due to the body adapting; especially with the carbs, your body craves them as it is used to them and when you withold it is similar to smokers that quit smoking; your body screams for you to FEED it those sugars and when you refuse it basically has temper tantrums. Hanging in there, allowing your body to adapt by not giving in, and you will find after a few weeks life is much easier and after a few more weeks you will find that you can have a small slice of cake without having to eat the whole thing! Remember, it is setting your mind to something and doing it. Just as you wake up and go to work everyday or take care of your family or pay bills, you have to be responsible to yourself and make it a lifestyle change, keep items handy that you can grab when you get those cravings that are good for you, even substituting a sweet apple or grapes will often help as it contains carbs/sugars but it is good for you too and helpful to curbing those attacks that come more so at the beginning of making nutritional changes. I am reading a book right now that explains that often with those overweight our bodies are basically trying to sabatoge us, that we almost have a set-weight within us, thus why forever I gained always to 238 pounds, never higher, I would lose weight, then give in to the cravings before I had been in it for long and BANG! Back to the 238! Some do gain what they lost and then more, but I would venture to guess that many of us have a stablized overweight weight. By feeding our body those things it screams for, we are feeding it's wish to keep us overweight, it freaks out when we lose saying, "NO, NO, you are losing weight" and we crave chocolate and juicy hamburgers slathered in cheese, giving in to those temptations, for those food items, amoungst many are most often the food items that keep us from reaching our goals and have us giving up before we barely start...for example; how often do you crave a carrot? Or a handful of fiber? Or maybe a soybean? Not often, I bet! :big_smile: Just HANG IN THERE, make a determined decision to NOT eat it and stop listening to that voice in your stomach and listen to the voice in your head! YOU CAN DO IT! :big_smile:

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2005/12/29, 07:37 PM
I wanted to mention, though, that should you suffer from any type of eating disorder, there is much more to it than just putting your mind to it. Seek some professional assistance, they know best how do help you! :love:

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!