Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Ori Hofmekler

Tinnuk
Tinnuk
Canada
2008/12/31, 03:09 AM
Any opinions of his material? "The Warrior Diet" and the "Anti Estrogenic Diet" are books I'm thinking of purchasing, but I want to know what you guys think first. I'm posting here because I find that the ft forums have the least bias towards certain products, authors, etc.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/12/31, 10:33 AM
eh, his diet is very odd. I bought and read the warrior diet and thought..hmmm. he is kind of odd and the diet is not very realistic. Stick with a high protein, moderate good fat, lots of vegetables and small to moderate complex carbs if you want to get lean.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
Tinnuk
Tinnuk
Canada
2009/01/01, 12:43 AM
I'm not really going for weight loss exactly (already lean), however, his books did hold some interest for me.

Could you elaborate on the "oddness" of it a bit?
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/01, 11:10 AM
I already ditched his book at half price, but if I remember correctly it was that you didn't eat all day and then ate one huge vegetable and protein meal . Something like that. I just remember thinking it was not very applicable to real life and that your metabolism would probably tank.

I will try and look it up, because maybe Im wrong.

What are your goals with your physique?

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/01, 11:13 AM
OKay here is an interesting review of it:

"Ori's diet is not low carb. Though it's not exactly anti-low carb either. Ori recommends eating one big meal each day -- in the evening. Other than that, he allows some light grazing in the morning and afternoon.

And that's it. "

he goes more into depth on it....

http://www.the-low-carb-way.com/warrior-diet.php

but that is what I thought...one big meal. Nah. don't like it.

--------------

Lord Chesterfield
Tinnuk
Tinnuk
Canada
2009/01/02, 04:38 AM
Thanks for the link and advice; good food for thought.