Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

On Glutamine

Elantraa
Elantraa
United States
2006/09/01, 06:37 PM
ive been taking glutamine for a while. 30 grams a day usually, whats the deal i hear varying opinions on it. Personally i thought i noticed a difference when i take it and when i dont. there have been periods when i woudlnt take it, and when i would start again it appeared that my muscles were more full, that i recovered quicker and did not fart as much (digested protein better). I put out about 45 bucks a month for the stuff, who knows maybe its only a placebo effect, but so this is why im asking about it.

For the companies selling it they say that since it is the most abundent amino acid on the muscle taking it aids in recovery time, helps in inscreased strength, and that glutamine helps booste the immune system, glutamine is also found in our intestines and it aids in digestion processes.

what do you guys think and what have been your experiences taking the stuff? you think its a load of crock, or that theres some real research behind it?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2006/09/03, 11:38 PM
I think glutamine is a personal choice. My own feeling it may well help with gut health, but this is in fairly high doses and if you "need" it. Much for muscle building, well, if you feel it helps you, then fine. Placebo, whatever, if it helps, then use it. My opinion, ROI is not good.

--------------
Maximus from Gladiator....Strength and Honor!
Elantraa
Elantraa
United States
2006/09/07, 03:16 PM
thanks for your opinion. whats ROI? return on investment, the money your putn in for the results youd get?