Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

oderless hair removel

jblackmore
jblackmore
Canada
2002/05/29, 01:34 PM
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any hairremovel lotions that are oderless I tried using nair but after I smelled like a burnt watermellon and thats after i took two showers. not a nice smell.

rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/29, 01:49 PM
Gee, I don't think I've ever smelled burnt watermelon before...doesn't sit well thinking about it!

Have you tried Epil Stop? There are more expensive ones out there, too...you can look into the ProTan line.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/05/30, 09:24 AM
Hey..

just for feedback on Epil Stop.. it didn't work for me and the hair grew back faster than shaving! :(

I think the best solution is Laser.. if you have a few thousand to throw around.. I can't wait. (hopefully)

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/30, 01:01 PM
Isn't laser a little permanent Arnold??

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/30, 05:10 PM
Well he wants to go pro (and from that pic looks like he is well on his way) so for someone like him it would probably make sense.. but if your only going to compete in maybe some competitions here and there maybe shaving would be better... i'm not sure really though...
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/05/30, 05:16 PM
I don't believe that you can "permanently" get rid of hair...just delay the amount of time it takes for them to grow back. The laser thing sounds too expensive and frankly, something I would consider if I wanted to remove a tattoo...otherwise, it just sounds "nastier" than the burnt watermelon smell (LOL)!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/31, 03:31 PM
Ouch, having tattoos lasered off is very painful. But I think you're right about hair not being permanently removed.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/05/31, 04:24 PM
I am not sure about how permanent the laser procedure is, but the topic has been circulating around my wife's circle of friends lately. Having in particular to do with under-arm and bikini line hair removal. According to a family friend, it was remarkable, fast, and after two treatments the physician said she wouldn't need to return for some time. I guess how HAIRY you are would have to factor into the equation as well.

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/05/31, 04:43 PM
I know too much about this topic, its almost sad....Nair is a good way to go, but waxing is much better. Epil stop will not work well. I have tried it and know many people who have used it and have seen horrible results. You need to wax, the hair will be gone for about 3 weeks, and will even grow back thinner, atleast it has for me. Or you can just use a razor, do a search here at ft to see what others have suggested in the past too.
For the laser treatment to work you haev to go back for many sessions to finally reach that hair free look you want, this costs big bucks. Try going to a laser hair removal doctor and get a free consultation.
BQ

--------------
AMERICAN MADE