Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Odd New Years eve traditions

2012/01/02, 04:45 PM
My neighbor's brother's wife's uncle made a bronze bust of him many years ago when he married into the family. Somewhere along the way they divorced. The mother in law had kept the bust because the son in law hated it. When the divorce was final, the mother in law mailed my neighbor's brother's bronze bust to the brothers parents.Imagine their surprise when they opened the box and found a replica of their son's head in it.

The neighbor's brother still hated the bronze bust. That's how my neighbor ended up with the bronze head, The brother just wanted nothing to do with it. The bust bears a distinct likeness to a very young Joseph Stalin. When the brother gave my neighbor the bust, he instructed the neighbor to do as he pleased with it. That's how we came to shoot fireworks out of Joseph Stalin's head.

About four years ago my neighbor mounted the head on a Black and Decker Workmate. It's a small workbench and it holds the head really steady. My neighbor brazed a tube type rocket launcher on top of the head and drilled holes in it for the little stick rockets. There is a Roman candle holder and several large mortar tubes on the bench beside Joe's head.The little celebration has become kind of a big deal. We had about 45 people among the 3 adjacent neighbor houses and we must launch a few thousand dollars worth of fireworks each new years eve, most out of my neighbor's brother's head.

When we finished this year, somebody decided to blow into one of the holes. It was amazing how many holes the smoke poured out of. We only had one street-launched multiple warhead go horizontal and blast white hot shots in every direction. It's amazing how fast old people can move.
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2012/01/02, 05:39 PM
hahahhaa!  that's freakin' hilarious.