Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Nutz about Walnuts! **Must Read!!!**

Emeliz
Emeliz
United States
2007/02/12, 05:08 PM
Think you know a lot about nuts?... check this out! Walnuts are more complex then I had ever imagined and now I know after reading this article! http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=99
I highly enjoyed this article and learned a lot from it. I knew Walnuts were a great natural anti-depressent and I had already learned that eating just one whole walnut before meals curbs your appatite helping you to eat less at each meal... but after reading that article I now know I didn't know the half of the benefits of walnuts! I thought it was very interesting and just wanted to share with everyone! Enjoy! Ciao'
~Em~ :love:
Emeliz
Emeliz
United States
2007/02/12, 05:10 PM
oh btw, just have to copy and paste the link in your browser to view. =)

--------------
Motivation\'s not a fantasy,
or very hard to find...
Looking to others is the key,
And giving back is kind.
So motivate another,
when they fail or start to lack...
And when they hit their goal,
They just may motivate you back! ;)
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/02/13, 11:52 AM
NIce, walnuts are a great way to get your Omegas!
They are also anti-inflammatory.

I try to eat 1/4c a day! Go for it!

--------------

Within each of us lies the power of our consent to health and sickness, to riches and poverty, to freedom and to slavery. It is we who control these, and not another.

Richard Bach
Emeliz
Emeliz
United States
2007/02/15, 11:34 AM
Yes they are! I actually started eating walnuts regularly for the anti-depression benifits since medication made it worse for me. But then after adding walnuts to my diet I realized I actually think I feel a little better because of them and wondered what other benefits they have so I looked um up! =) I add walnuts to my salads, baking goods, snack mixes and even eat a handful before each meal. I think they went up on my chart of favorite foods lol. :big_smile:

--------------
Motivation\'s not a fantasy,
or very hard to find...
Looking to others is the key,
And giving back is kind.
So motivate another,
when they fail or start to lack...
And when they hit their goal,
They just may motivate you back! ;)