Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Nutritional goals

cupsncakes
cupsncakes
United States
2009/06/06, 09:02 PM
Hi old folks! I'm on week 3 of gain mass program and having a #$#%$# time getting close to the nutri. goals. I get to about 2500 of the 3200 calorie count and feel like I way overeat. I take some protein shakes to get closer to that # but carbs and fat end up way low if I try to eat "healthy". I don't want to have a heart attack and be a fit corpse. Maybe I should switch back to the lose weight and tone program I could do those #s. I had been a skinny kid, and while I'm much stronger now than when I was a teen I was wanting to have some muscles to "show" for it. Any ideas, comments, suggestions, or jokes welcome!

--------------
Hags =}
Yxven
Yxven
United States
2009/10/26, 04:18 PM
I put in my mother's info into the nutrition profile. She's 63, 200 pounds, sedentary, with a slow metabolism. It output 3500 calories to gain muscle mass.

Now, I am not a nutritionist, but that sounds way too high to me. I would use a different calorie calculation formula.