Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

No idea what the exercises are

danpuel
danpuel
United Kingdom
2014/04/18, 08:11 AM
This website seems to be a great resource for free gym training plans, but as a complete beginner I have no idea what 99% of the exercises recommended are nor do I know how to do them. The little bit of info it gives you when you click on them is no where near enough to figure it out and when I try googling them I'm struggling to find exercises with the same name...

So my question is.....is there somewhere I can go where more detail is given on how to do the exercises?
Mr_Geezer
Mr_Geezer
United States
2014/04/18, 11:30 AM
Start here.   http://www.freetrainers.com/exercise/muscles/

If you want body weight exercises I started a list here:   http://www.freetrainers.com/forums/t/49579/

Any exercise that you can think of can be found on youtube. For instance if you search "push ups  youtube " you'll find a gozillion people who filmed thiemselves doing push ups. There are literally scores of variations on push ups alone.

If you need more detail than you can dig up on your computer you can hire a trainer for a short time. If you are a member of a gym, you'll find people willingf to help you if you don't ask too much. Is a school gym an option?
danpuel
danpuel
United Kingdom
2014/04/18, 12:11 PM
awesome, thanks!
Mr_Geezer
Mr_Geezer
United States
2014/04/18, 05:01 PM
Dan, you will get better answers with more specific questions.

You asked  "So my question is.....is there somewhere I can go where more detail is given on how to do the exercises?"

Ask instead where you can find a good video or instructional on  'push ups".

Make sense? It isn't hard for me to find a good youtube and I'll be happy to help.

If you hit that second link, there is another link in that thread that has something like '40 bodyweight exercises" . A good many of those are basic but quite a few are brutally advanced. If you work into being able to do all of those exercises you will be superman. I promise.