Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

nice frame to build on

wmetz
wmetz
United States
2002/04/26, 03:37 PM
hi I'm a newbie,

My question is: i have a nice bodybuilders frame (Chest wise) but with alot of body fat. Do i tone and lose weight and fat first, or can i go straight into the weightlifting and turn the fat into muscle mass? I don't wont to waste time losing weight, to tone, then build the weight and mass back up again. Does this make sense???????????

were do I start?

Thanks,

rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/26, 03:41 PM
Welcome to ft! Actually, when you begin weight training, this will help you lose the fat! Therefore, go straight into weightlifting, incorporate cardio at least 3x per week, then change your diet and you'll be fine!

Hope this helps...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/04/26, 04:39 PM
It's like one stop shopping..

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/04/26, 10:39 PM
Fat cannot be turned into muscle and muscle cannot be turned to fat! That is a misconception. You must burn off the fat and build muscle. They are two seperate functions.It is best to do some cardio to kick up your metabolism, and begin a weight training program...per Roberts post above.

--------------
Persistence and failure never stay in the same room......Leslie