Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

New to training

blushedcowboy
blushedcowboy
United States
2009/01/20, 02:20 PM
I am new to the training thing. I have kinda let myself go over the years and so now the muscles are slack. I do have leg problems that included a bypass surgery. I want to get my chest and overall muscles back in shape. Not sure how far I can go with the leg stress. I am not sure where to start as far as weights go. Does anyone have suggestions or where they started there programs out that might be cloose to the same?
Benrn2008
Benrn2008
United States
2009/01/23, 03:04 AM
When did you have your surgery? Most hospitals have a cardio "heart fitness" program. Tell your doctor what you want to do. But you can do it!
wildchild76
wildchild76
United States
2009/01/27, 02:18 PM
Hello. I am also new to training. I have tried diets and attempted exercise with no follow through. I have knee problems (my knee caps slip out of place) and just recovered from a shattered wrist. The bone is healed but I haven't got full mobility and strength back yet. I have recently joined a gym and the facilities should be open by next month. I am so out of shape and I would love to go gung ho, but even simple exercises like pulling weeds make me sore for 3 or 4 days at a time. Any suggestions on some light workouts to start out with?:)

--------------
Erin Schafer
(So tired of being tired)