Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

New and needing some advice

Browneyes430
Browneyes430
United States
2003/12/04, 06:38 AM
Hi....ok well let me just begin. I am 28 and 5'8" and almost 200lbs....use to be 115lbs back in the day. First because of childbirth and then depression I gained alot of weight and have had it for 7 years now. I am in a good place now and happy with myself and my life but hate how I look in the mirror. My husband is stationed in Italy for the next two and a half years so we are going to make the most of the free gym but my thing is the food side. Back in the States I lived on fast food but they dont really have that here so I want to get away from that but I am not sure what a healthy diet realy is. With Adkins, The Zone, and Weight Watchers I am at a lose. Can anyone give me some everyday food advice....we dont have alot of money and between work and scholl limited time to cook alot. Also how do you people stay motivated....my husband and I are both doing this together but there will be times he is gone and I will have to be on my own...how do I stay in the right frame of mind to stick with something I haven't done in almost 8 years. Thanks for letting me babble.
azredhead57
azredhead57
United States
2003/12/08, 12:14 PM
First, welcome to FT and congratulations on deciding to live healthier. There are answers to all of your questions on this site. You can do a search on motivation, there have been some good posts on that. Under the specific diets forum there is a lot of info on what to eat and some great recipes. You first need to figure out you daily caloric intake. You can use the calculator on this site for an estimate. Once you know that you need to break your meals down into 5 or 6 smaller ones. You should be eating every 3 hours about. You will need to eat close to 1g of protein per pound of bodyweight. You will probably start out around 2000 calories a day. My husband and I were working out together too this last year. Now he is in Iraq so I am working out alone. The good thing is that we had gotten to know a lot of the people at the gym, so now they kind of keep an eye on me in case I need help with anything. When first starting out it is hard to stay motivated, but your program has to become a routine part of your day. I go to the gym on my way home. It is a scheduled stop and my workday isn't over until I'm done at the gym. I hope that answers some of your questions. All of the info is here, you just kind of have to look around. Good luck.

--------------
~Victoria~
...Do not be discouraged; everyone who got where he is, started where he was.--anon
...There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.--Beverly Sills