Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

new and have a couple questions...

hala_37
hala_37
United States
2002/05/17, 06:24 PM
hi, my name is heather and i am 21...
i have never joined one of these things before b/c i didn't think i would keep up with updating and messages, so this is a test run i guess. i joined in september to get some ideas, but then kind of went on my own. i have always been active, so getting to the gym is never a problem. however, about five years ago i developed an eating diorder, bouncing back and forth between resticting, binging/purging...to make a long story short i have been in treatment, but it has been hard to get my body to where it should be. i did it however, and am now at a healthy weight, and i am happy about it. i have reached a plateau in lifting, so i thought i would come back and get some more ideas (and this time post my results).
i do have a few questions: when i was filling out the nutrition plan a was not sure whether or not i should put that i have a fast or slow metabolism. im not really sure what i do have. i put fast, b/c i think i can lose weight pretty easily, provided i do the right things...any suggestions on how to choose?
also, i used to be a fast runner and loved to go running, but ever since i got sick, my speed has decreased. and i get so fustrated that i don't like running. i was wondering if anyone has any ideas to get me back on track?
well, i'll stop here now, sorry i wrote so much...thanks.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/05/17, 06:51 PM
The only thing I can address is the metabolism. How easily to you gain weight?

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/17, 08:00 PM
Hey Heather! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments thusfar! As far as the running goes, it's natural to lose speed and stamina when coming off of an injury or an illness. Don't worry about it! Start off slow and increase your mileage a little each week. If you're consistent, I think you'll see your speed come back to you in a couple of months (give or take a month).
hala_37
hala_37
United States
2002/05/18, 09:07 AM
thanks!
well, if i sit around and do nothing and eat a lot, i can gain weight quickly. but, as a whole, i think i gain weight pretty easily.

============
Quoting from Cainsands:

The only thing I can address is the metabolism. How easily to you gain weight?

=============
hala_37
hala_37
United States
2002/05/18, 09:09 AM
thanks for the advice and confidence...i'll keep you posted.

============
Quoting from lumina20:

Hey Heather! Congratulations on all of your accomplishments thusfar! As far as the running goes, it's natural to lose speed and stamina when coming off of an injury or an illness. Don't worry about it! Start off slow and increase your mileage a little each week. If you're consistent, I think you'll see your speed come back to you in a couple of months (give or take a month).
=============