Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

New... :)

beth_butler
beth_butler
United States
2008/11/23, 12:29 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new to the site... I'm 5 ft 6 in and 250 lbs. I'm want to lose about 120 lbs. I'm wanting to go into the Nave hopefully in the next 6 mo to a year. I've been walking about 3 miles 3-4 days a week and 1 mile the other days. For rainy days or days that are too cold I have a treadmill and 5lb hand weights.

I was told I could safely loose about 20 lbs a month. Does anyone know how I could best do this and if there is any supplements I could use. I was thinking Hydroxycut, but have heard mixed reviews.

Thanks for any post :):big_smile:

Elizabeth
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/11/24, 10:58 AM
Stay away from the pills for now, and concentrate on getting a clean and healthy diet in order. That will do way more than any pills can.
Also you'd be doing yourself a huge favor to start a strength training program. Think of your over-all fitness as a triangle: Diet, strength training, and cardio. That is the key to long standing success.
Another thing to keep in mind: If the weight doesn't just "melt off" in the beginning, just keep plugging away at it. Some people are late bloomers, and it takes a little while for their bodies to really start firing on all cylinders.
DcMoody23
DcMoody23
United States
2008/11/27, 05:16 PM
My weight took about a month before anything shown, then, with no change in my diet or cardio/weight lifting from what i had been doing over the previous month or so, the weight just dropped off of me like a lead balloon. I lost 15 LBS. in a matter of a few weeks (And I am an athlete that didn't have much weight to lose). So just give it time. If you have 6-12 months than I would concentrate of easing into it and building a solid diet over time. Jumping into it quick could leave you with incredible cravings and 9 times out of 10 will prevent weight loss or causes the mind to feel "I'm ON a diet, so soon I will be OFF the diet and back to my original lifestyle." With 6-12 mos. to lose weight I would not recommend pills to you. Although pills may speed up the process, there are miserable side effects in near all cases.
And you've probably read my post about diet pills and are thinking I'm a big hypocrite, and I'll admit to that. But my purpose was solely so I could become more defined, and for that it makes the two completely unrelated. But honestly - save your money on the pills -- there is no miracle product that'll melt the weight right off of you. The best way to go is cardio and a healthy lifestyle.