Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Need your expertise on my diet plan

mastermimo
mastermimo
Canada
2007/11/29, 03:54 AM
Hi,

i'm 5.10 and 255 lbs. I used to be a college football player but had an serious accident a year ago and took 40 lbs. So now i lost my good shape and yes , i say it, im fat.

I intend to get back in shape and lose 40lbs to get back to 215lbs like i was (i would like to lose that weight by the end of june 2008)- so i need to lose approximatly 1.3 lbs every week).
I have now a 8 weeks weight loss and definition program from freetrainers and i will start tomorrow no doubt.
I'm also folowing up and diet to meet my goal.

Here is my daily food diet and i need your comments (good or bad) and any tips you have for me to help me achieving my goal. I will be grateful to all of you and i thank you in advance.

Here we go :

Wake up at 9:am
2 whole eggs + 3 white eggs
1 pita bread
80z fat free milk

11:00am
protein shake

1:00 pm
half chicken breast
1 plain yogourt

3:00 pm
2 scoop of NO-Xplode (pre-workout supplement)

3:30 pm
Gym (starting my 8 weeks program)

5:30 pm
Cell-tech Creatine

6:00pm
1 water tuna can + 1 scoop fat free mayonaise + 1 tomatoe + 1 avocado + olive oil)

8:30 pm
protein shake
eat some almonds (snack) while watching some tv after work

11:00pm
1 plan yogourt

Here it is. It may be horrible and thats why i need your help to correct some wrong habits im doing.

Thanks again for your help in advance and hope i will reach my goal with your help and my willing to do so.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/11/29, 08:36 AM
Your food selection looks pretty good, have you calculated the calories for that though and compared it to what you need to be eating to lose the weight?

You can make the best choices in the world, but if it is too many calories for your goal then you won't reach them.
mastermimo
mastermimo
Canada
2007/11/29, 05:09 PM
Thank you ecle5c. Ill calculate them and put them here. Thanks
justind123
justind123
Netherlands
2007/11/30, 02:39 AM
That doesn't seem like very much food. You're sure to see a big change if you stick to that. If your diet was so bad that you gained 40 pounds in 1 year, I think your hardest part will be sticking to this food and not snacking. Do you plan to eat this every day? That would be SUPER boring. I've said it before, "diets" are destined to fail. Changing your eating habits for the long-term is better.
So, if you think your will-power is strong enough to eat this EVERY day, go for it, but I would suggest making multiple days so you don't get bored with this one.
Good luck in an case though.
mastermimo
mastermimo
Canada
2007/11/30, 03:01 AM
Thnak you Justind for your comments. Im not going to it exactly the same food everyday but approximatly the same proportion for at least the first 8 weeks. What do you think ?

I will of course switch chicken for turkey, tuna for tilapia but i will stick with the same structure, like carbs in the morning and afternoon, ill fo slow on carbs and add more protein.

i target my calories intake to 3000 calories max a day. I'm training 4-5 days a week (45 min weights and 25 min cardio everytime)

What do you guys think ? Is my caloris intake versus my training mode are good enough or do i have to eat more or less. My goal once again is to at least lose 30-40 pounds in the next 6 month or even before. But of course, i dont want to lose my muslces (not a lot though)

Thanks for your advice and comments once again.
justind123
justind123
Netherlands
2007/11/30, 06:07 AM
If all you eat is what you wrote down here you're bound to lose fat QUICK!
I'd just do some research on this site and make up you're mind if doing the cardio every day is a good idea. This site made me realize that the hour of cardio I was doing every day was TOO much, and not that beneficial. Now, and what I suggest you do, is combine your cardio for 1 special day, and do 45 min to an hour. I did that, and not went on a diet, but just ate better, and I'm seeing tremendious results.
Good luck man.
mastermimo
mastermimo
Canada
2007/11/30, 04:59 PM
OK. so instead of doing 25 min cardio 5 days a week, i can do like 45 min 2 days a week and keep on my diet and workout as suggest ?

you know, rarely but sometimes like once a week, i cheat a little bit and can take some french fries, ice cream and stuff like that (small portion though). So thats why i though on doing cardio as much as i can to lose that weight and keep focusing on my target.

I really appreciated your advice Justind, it helps a lot (mentally and phycally :)
justind123
justind123
Netherlands
2007/12/02, 12:04 PM
Hey mimo,
Just a few comments and advise on what you wrote:
When you do your cheat meal at the end of the week, make sure you earned it. That's the reason it's there, as a reward for sticking to your diet for the whole week. Don't abuse it, because you'd just be hurting yourself. And as for the cardio, I hope you looked through this site and learned why doing it all that much isn't that beneficial.
Anyway, hope you're sticking to your diet, and keep it posted on here. Success stories like yours are going to be motivation for others on this site (including me).

p.s. Don't forget about your water intake. I carry a full bottle of water around with me all day. It's easy, because I teach at a school. So I hope you can do the same, so you're replenishing your body with water often.
mastermimo
mastermimo
Canada
2007/12/05, 03:03 AM
Hi Justind,

i always carry a bottle of water with me so i dont have a problem with that :)

My first week of the program is over and i lost 1.5lbs..Im so exited and happy about it. 7 more weeks to go.

At the gym, i felt very good tyhe whole week. I always do 5-10 min warmup (treadmill or elliptical machine), then 40-50 min weight and finish with a 20min-25min cardio

This week, i will try to reduce my cardio time to 3 days a week instead of 5 but i will do 30-35min.

Of course, im stiking to my diet and respect my calories intake. All i do is eat small portion every 3 hours and be sure i have my carbs,protein and fat in it.

Do you or anyone advise me taking creatine after my first 4 weeks program. I just dont want to lose my shape even though my goal is really to lose as much weight as i can in the next 2 month.

THanks again for all your advice Justind. I will keep posting in here until my goal is reach.

See ya !