Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Need you to show me the right way.....

SeanyBoy
SeanyBoy
Canada
2001/08/28, 05:04 AM
this is a very important question because i'm very stuck and frustrated over this... see i use to be skinny as you know i weighted 120 at 5'6 and now i'm 143 at 5'6 and i really did gain muscle and chest size and even legs and back.. i swear who ever that i know sees me says that oh my god you got big... but on the other side me myself feel a little bit weird about the fat onmy belly and my little love handles ... i reallydont like it ... people can't notice it but its defenetly not good...

see i never use to be like this, like if i walk you can't really see it but when i site down i can grab the fat from my belly...

i really don't know what to do cause i heard that its imposible to keep low bodyfat and gain muscle size for skinny guys likeme... but i dont know what should i do i'm scared i'm goin to get too fat...

right now i'm on a chest programe which is 14 weeks and i'm on the 5th week now.. i did every thing it said took every thing i had and stayed with a consistant programe and paid attention to my diet..

do you think i should chang my diet? do you think i should go on an ab programe and loss fat? but i'm scared if i loss fat i'll be skinny again..i dont want that...

do you recomand a personal trainer? i'm in some kinda economic dificality now spend all my money on supplies...

pluse if you can tellme where do you get your supplies that will be great...

Thanks alot for your time and attention..
mongrel2012
mongrel2012
Australia
2001/08/28, 08:54 AM
its definitely not impossible to keep a low bodyfat and gain muscle at the same time. It takes a combination of the right diet and right workout program. I can't really tell if you need to change your diet since you haven't mentioned what it is. Also an ab program will not lose fat, but will instead strengthen and build the abdominal muscles. In my opinion you should stay on the program which you are on now - theres very little chance of you actually losing muscle mass.
Provided that you know how to do your exercises properly, you shouldn't really need a personal trainer. The Free Trainers program will do that work for you. As for where I get my supplies, I find the local grocery store is the best place. For me supplements are not worth the money, I'm better off spending it on some quality natural food
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/28, 12:07 PM
Mongrel is right on about everything he has said. I agree with him about supplements except that I use protein and amino acid supplementation from Vitamin World. Add cardio to your routine to create a calorie deficit. Remember, if your eat five smaller meals per day, your muscles will have plenty of protein for rebuilding.