Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

need weight loss motivation tips

lookingforabs
lookingforabs
United States
2002/05/12, 09:14 PM
i'm having trouble sticking to my diet to lose weight. i just can't resist cookies and things of that nature. any ideas? i'd be grateful.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/12, 09:53 PM
Maybe your diet is too restrictive. What does it consist of?
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/05/12, 10:19 PM
If your diet is that strict and you find yourself cheating a lot then maybe you should throw in one day a week where you cheat.. but not too much.. just a few goodies here and there that you want to eat for that day.. some people say that makes a strict diet a lot easier..
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/05/13, 07:00 PM
Easiest way to resist eat cookies is not to buy them. Having them lurking around in your cupboards, you can't help but hear them calling ...
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/13, 08:28 PM
That's easy if you live alone. I just moved back in with my parents and they buy tons of snack food, right now we have ice cream sandwiches, fig newtons, chips ahoy, and nutter butters oh, and let me not forget the louisiana crunch cake. I live in Junk Food hell!
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/05/13, 10:24 PM
On a serious note though, my advice to you would be to write down what you eat everyday and see if you're meeting your nutritional goals. I don't know if you are weight training, but if you are you could use the nutrition program assigned by FT, or you could try these calculations: Multiply your current weight by 11, this is the number of calories you need. Take 60 percent of that and allocate it for Carbs (to get to grams, just divide by 4). Multiply your current weight by 0.8, and this is how many grams of protein you should be consuming (multiply by 4 to get to calories). What's left over would be the amount of fat you should be consuming, but to get from grams to calories, you need to divide by 9.
With either option, see if your current diet matches up to that or something like it. If not, change a few things until you meet your goals. Schedule a cheat day for yourself. As a matter of fact, eat absolutely everything sweet and tempting that you see, I bet you'll find that within a month or so, you won't be so tempted by sweet foods and your cheat days may consist of only one or two "bad" foods. Good luck!
SeanMS
SeanMS
United States
2002/05/14, 12:39 AM
One thing I did was to take one of my old pictures (with the 40 extra pounds) and put it on the top shelf of my closet. Now every time I open the closet to get dressed I get that slap in the face reminding me to not go there again. You could put a picture in a cabinet with the junk food so you would have to move the picture in order to get to the cookies. It worked for me. Whatever way you do it, good luck.
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/05/14, 01:34 AM
When the diet starts to get hard (and I feel grumpy and miserable) I often get a little angry at myself and keep thinking "if the others can do it, then can I!!!!" also "those darn cookies are not going to rule my life, I'm stronger and I can handle it!!"

But the pic thing, as Sean suggested works wonders as well.

Come on, you can do it. We'll be in here to help you and then you'll get those great looking abs for the summer!!!!

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....