Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

need some male perspective

houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2006/04/20, 04:36 PM
ok guys i need a little perspective here. I need to gently approach my husband about his weight problem. He has always been heavy but he keeps getting heavier and hasn't really done anything about it, now we have a new baby and im afraid... because his weight problems now affect his interaction with our son. and God Forbid he were to have a heart attack or something! how would i explain that to our son. Im not sure what to say or how to say it so that he understands I love him unconditionally (which i d0) but that this issue need a plan toward resolution so i can stop worring about.
Ideas please!!!
2006/04/20, 04:40 PM
My sig line is based on exactly this question. Unfortunately for it to stick, the idea must be his.

--------------
Sometimes life is like herding cats.

Charlie
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2006/04/20, 04:43 PM
ASk him to go get is cholestral checked and go from there. How old is he?

--------------
Less Talk, More Chalk!
The Men and Boys are Separated by one thing: The Squat Cage!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/20, 07:58 PM
My thoughts are, if you love "each other" unconditionally, then just come right out with it. Let him know you want the two of you to be healthier. He knows he's getting heavier, and with it being a seemingly "taboo" subject, it just makes it harder. It's not like your coming out and saying, hey baby, I think your a fat disgusting pig and I want you to lose weight or else. Your just simply going to say, hey baby, let's start taking better care of eachother. You help me and I'll help you. Do it together, Bring him online here and we'll pitch in. You haven't really mentioned how overweight he is, but none-the-less, he can lose it and so can you. Start being more active and eat in moderation. Don't make it an ultimatum. Make it a goal. And be ready for set-backs, there gonna happen. Thing is, there not an excuse to give-up, there just a reminder that your human. Best of luck to you on whatever you decide to do.

--------------
She sits and wonders why.....no more.
ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2006/04/21, 11:13 AM
Health is what got me trying to lose weight. If you can get him to the doctor, maybe they can scare him into doing something. I started with high blood pressure and did not want to take meds the rest of my life. You can also use anything the doc states along with the fact that you have children to talk with him about it in a nice loving way
And if that or mojo's solution does not work, tell him that you are getting a large life insurance policy so if something happens you and your new boyfriend will be able to live comfortably..Ok that was not nice
houseofdiet
houseofdiet
United States
2006/04/21, 12:47 PM
thanks guys... as always the people on this site are most helpful and encouraging... btw tiger, your last line did make me chuckle:big_smile: I may end up using it :laugh::laugh:
Mojo_67
Mojo_67
United States
2006/04/21, 07:11 PM
Large life insurance policy.....living comfortably with new BF...that was good.:big_smile:

--------------
She sits and wonders why.....no more.
2006/04/22, 07:41 AM
Make fitness part of your life...schedule it daily...as you would with other important daily functions...

start taking daily evening walks/jogs together.....if direct approach wont work..then say his presence is for your safety...:)....if you can reason with him then just come right out and say your fears...

try learning new athletic hobbies...tennis? squash? swimming? cycling? hoops?
ppwing
ppwing
Australia
2006/07/12, 09:51 AM
I'd suggest you make the first move and take him for a walk or take him swimming.
If you can encourage him to engage in physical activity with you, you won't be outright hurting his feelings by suggesting that he's putting on some weight, but perhaps he might see that you have his interests at heart and be inclined to assess his current condition.

I hope this helps.

Good luck to you and your family
:big_smile:

--------------
Life is short... don\'t waste it!