Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Need Pro. Advice Please

delaybass
delaybass
United States
2004/07/01, 07:34 PM
Ok, i've been training for almost 2 years now, and i've developed me chest pretty nicely, however my left side is noticeably lager then the right one. My mother says that its because i'm left handed and use my left hand alot more than my right one. My question is basically; how can i make the right side of my chest become as big as the other side, and ultimatly have balance in both size and strength.

:quick note: I have only switched my incline chest workouts from barbell to seperate dumbells. No improvements.

I would appreciate anyones advice.. Thanx
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/07/02, 10:08 AM
When you switched to dumbbells did you notice much difference in your strength side to side?

I would think switching to dumbbells on all chest exercises, and seperate cables, would help balance it out, maybe you need to go a little heavier on the right side for a while, say 6-10 reps, and stay a little lighter on the left, say 12 reps. That may help a little.

--------------

\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\" Dave Draper

delaybass
delaybass
United States
2004/07/02, 05:12 PM
Not really both sides are pretty even when it comes to strength. I'll definatly try switching to dumbells/cables from now on, and hopefully it will improve my situation.

Thanx
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/07/02, 05:17 PM
only thing I have had trouble with is by arms being different sizes, but even when I look at pics of bodybuilders, you can see wich arm is the dominent one.

I would say switch to dumbells for a while see if the works, next try the mental aproach.

Mentally when most people work with weights, even me. We want to get the weight up thats it period. And we do it any way how. However since you dominent arm is stronger, your mentally in more control of that arm or side, you control it better, your more cordnated etc. so naturally the weight we "lean" to that side, or whatever.
really concentrate on the weaker side, if you have too, after dumbell bench, get one dumbell, and do some reps with one side on your right side, work on the cordnation, and control of that muscle, flex it amke it work harder so it can catch up.

--------------
.......adversity causes some to break, but others to break records!
......minds are not vessles to be filled, but fires to be enlightened
......Confucious once said ,DO NOT play leap frog with a unicorn