Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

need help

keith
keith
United States
2001/05/09, 10:02 AM
My wife who is the same age as I am keeps trying to exercise but can't seem to stay on the program.She's motivated but can't seem to stay with it. Is there any suggestions from any of you that might help . We've been married 38yrs. and I would like to keep her another 38.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/05/10, 12:23 PM
Hey Keith!

I just recently began to train with my girlfriend. I think that they need a little bit more motivation.. the pump and burn just really doesn't do it for them. You should try to use a variation of movements so that it doesn't seem so routine and plain.. spice it up a little!.. Maybe tell her that you'll treat her to some thing nice like a nice dinner or walk if she does just 1 more set.. stuff like that maybe?

Good Luck!

.o0 Arnold 0o.
keith
keith
United States
2001/05/11, 01:23 AM
Thanks for your comments. I can think of a few ways to spice up her training but I don't think she'll let me.hehe. One thing that did motivate her was my before and after photos in the BFL contest so I hung it on the refrigerator. That way it will either make her sick or she'll try harder to loose the weight like I did. AS for dinner we live in Las Vegas and she doesn't cook anymore, she told me she retired and I belive her.So we eat out all the time,which makes it extra hard to stay to a diet plan. The walk might be good if it's not to hot.
she loves to gamble but I don't want to suggest that cause she doesn't win that often. I'll keep trying and maybe she'll respond as we go along. Thanks.
Uttiya
Uttiya
India
2001/05/13, 04:59 AM
Well I had the same problem with my brother.....I identified the problem to be that he hated hard work.....so I made a progressive chart for him where he started off with mostly stretching and cardio which was not more than 45 mins.....and then the chart got tougher with every week.....Everyone likes this sport when they see good results.....the trick is getting them to go to the gym long enough to see results.Make sure her start is very easy and not more than an hour.
best of luck
jpcorrao
jpcorrao
United States
2001/05/31, 07:56 AM
Try working out together