Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Need Help!!!

jcoleman7
jcoleman7
United States
2007/03/24, 07:39 PM
Hey guys... I need some help in getting ready for the summer.

I've been lifting for about 2 years now since I play football for my high school team. The lifting that we do is mainly for power, strength, explosiveness, etc... We do bench, squats, cleans, jammers, snatch, etc.

The football lifting does not help much for getting ripped and tone. I am wanting to start a worout and diet plan Monday to get ripped and tone for summer. I am like 5'7 148. I need to gain muscle weight for football but I am going to get toned at the same time.

What stuff should I be doing diet wise? I am going to start to drink a protein shake everyday starting Monday... Any help would be appreciated!!!
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/03/24, 09:45 PM
Well, at 148, this is probably no time to diet. Don't know what bodyfat you are at, but even in a perfect world if you lost only pure fat and retained every ounce of lean muscle, you are going to be fairly 'thin'.

Gaining muscle diets and losing fat diets are not mutually conducive, and usually the only ones who can pull off both at the same time are using something other than what you can buy over the counter.

--------------
"If it ain't broke, you aren't trying."