Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Narrow-Grip Pulldown...

SeanyBoy
SeanyBoy
Canada
2001/08/22, 08:52 PM
need to ask...

I work out at home, i'm not sure how long this can last cause i'm runnin out of weight but i was wondering what can i do insted of Narrow-Grip Pulldown... cause i dont have the thing to use ...

another thing that i was wondering is that when i'm doin Barbell Curl i use Olampic Barbell or EZ or whatever you call it, i was wondering is it better to use this or a normal barbell...

there is this other work out that you would site on this thingy and put your bicepts on it and do the barbell curl you know what i'm talkin about? i dont know the name but i dont have access to that eaither.. so what is a real good work out for my back and bicepts that i can do at home without any matchine...

Thanks Alot For ALL the answers fellas

Peace us

Cheers

SeanyBoy
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/23, 08:34 AM
Rather than a "narrow-grip pulldown," use your barbell to do barbell rows. This is an excellent mass builder for the back. In addition to the standard barbell row, I often brace one end of the bar against a machine and load the other with weights. This allows me to do one arm barbell rows with great form. These should hit the areas very well. For curls, next time you lift, watch your muscle work while using the different bars/grips. The barbell curl is the most comprehensive curling movement. Many shy away from this because of wrist pain. I have not had this problem. In short, I use all three (barbell, EZ close grip, and EZ wide grip) to work the bicep. This minor variations in the grip give a full work out to the biceps.
mongrel2012
mongrel2012
Australia
2001/08/25, 09:06 AM
chinups and pullups are the king of bicep builders. They'll also put some strength into your back.