Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

My strange, uneven butt

RPenichet
RPenichet
United States
2010/04/21, 11:28 AM
I originally posted this on another forum, but haven't gotten a response. I clarified things a bit, and decided this would be the best place for my post.
I've been very careful to follow the exercise plan given to me, and I've been extremely happy with the results so far. I'm 21, between 5"5 and 5"6 and weigh 122 pounds. I've lost 15 pounds so far. I've reached my goal weight, and I didn't intend on losing more, but now I'm rethinking that.
Since I tend to store most of my fat on my hips, legs and thighs as I've slimmed down I've noticed that (surprise) the fat there is the most stubborn.
I've also noticed my left leg has responded very, very well (lunges, squats, leg lifts) everything is much firmer, and slimmer. But my right leg is much more stubborn, and I have a very noticeable saddlebag that is no longer present on my left leg. Maybe it's always been uneven, and I'm just noticing now. But there's significantly more fat stored on the right, (obviously, hence the saddlebag) especially directly under my butt that seems to make that side sag noticeably. Am I losing weight unevenly, favoring one side as I workout? Or is it just an unfortunate body flaw?
I know I can't spot reduce, so I'm not sure how to go about minimizing its appearance. Should I work the right or left side more, or neither? Do I need to lose 5 pounds, just keep working and hope things will even out, or both? Any suggestion would be great!
pegleghobble
pegleghobble
United States
2010/05/01, 07:26 PM
I would say just keep up what you are doing and eventually your legs should become more even in size. Unfortunately we don't get to choose where the weight comes off of and just as someone might originally loose weight from their thighs when trying to loose it from their stomach we all know that if they just keep working at it their stomach will eventually go down too. I am not extremely knowledgeable in this area, but i have seen some posts on other exercise sites of people with the same problem and the advise was to just keep loosing fat and exercising. If you need better advice I would say to just google "uneven fat loss."

Hope that helps