Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

My program is not working

aungmyinthu
aungmyinthu
Australia
2017/12/21, 08:23 PM
Hi all

My name is Ads, just joined this Forum to get some help, with my workout routines

I have been working out in my home gym for about 7 months now , I am a bit disappointed that I did not gain much achievements at all. I could only see very minor improvements.

My main goal is to bulk up then tone down a bit, please kindly advise if I need to adjust my routine

I am trying to work on one at least once a week for each muscle part

Such as

Monday –, bicep, triceps and forearm - about 3 different exercises for 3 sets each up to 8-10 reps max (max weight I could use)

Tuesday – Rest

Wed – Legs 3 different exercises for 3 sets each up to 8-10 reps max (max weight I could use)

Thus – shoulder and back - 3 different exercises for 3 sets each up to 8-10 reps max (max weight I could use)

Friday – Rest

Sat – Chest – 4 different exercises for 3 sets each up to 8-10 reps max (max weight I could use)

Sunday – Rest

(at least about 2-3 times a week to work on my core/belly exercises)

And goes on

However recently (3 weeks ago) I started using higher weights to do 8 , 6 , 5, 4 Reps for most of my exercise , as I understand that’s the way to bulk up according to my research.

Could you guys please help me out and point me to the right direction?

I would really appreciate it , Thanks a lot in advanced.

Regards

Ads
Kira_death50
Kira_death50
India
2018/01/10, 12:02 PM
Hi ads!
Your workout is perfect for bulking up. And if you've been doing it diligently in the proper way that is right posture, right technique etc you should see results in about 3 months itself.
The fact that you're seeing minor changes may be due to your diet and calorie intake. You need proteins and a good amount of food and sleep.
I'll suggest shifting your research towards the dietary topic?
aungmyinthu
aungmyinthu
Australia
2018/01/13, 04:43 PM
Kira_death50
Hi ads!
Your workout is perfect for bulking up. And if you've been doing it diligently in the proper way that is right posture, right technique etc you should see results in about 3 months itself.
The fact that you're seeing minor changes may be due to your diet and calorie intake. You need proteins and a good amount of food and sleep.
I'll suggest shifting your research towards the dietary topic?

--- Hello Kira

Thanks heaps for your response, really appreciate it. Yes I am trying not to Junk Food as much as before but i gotta change my diet which i haven't , I have been taking protein though, I will keep you updated in a few months time re: results . At the moment i can see results like my tummy gone down a bit and seeing some lines on it, that's a great start i suppose. 
Thanks again for your advise
Rgards
Ads