Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

My Personal Fitness Plan

ars82
ars82
United States
2009/09/22, 12:57 PM
I just joined about a week ago and was realy looking forward to this site helping me real my goals. I joined last week, but had to wait an entire week for some reason just to get started on my routine. I'm mid-way through my weekly schedule and had a chance to take a look at next week's schedule and I noticed that it's the EXACT same workout schedule. Now, I'm obviously no expert in working out, but I'm pretty sure in order to increase muscle mass and strength you need to increse weight and/or reps. So Why is it that I'm going to be doing the EXACT same thing next week that I'm doing this week? And for the next 3 weeks are my schedules all going to be the same? And I noticed the title of this website is "FREE TRAINERS", so why does it seem you need to PAY for any real personal feedback. I was hoping this would finally be the place to help me get into shape. Was I wrong yet again?:(
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/09/22, 02:40 PM
Before you get bent out of shape anymore, you may want to read some of the past posts on here concerning bulking up. but just to make sure you get your free's worth, I'll save you the trouble and offer you some advice. You will be running the same exercises for several weeks at a time, but it's the weight that will need to increase as you become stronger. There are some staple lifts that have never left my routines. Normally, after you've been doing a specific lift for a long period of time, it's good to change it up a little to confuse the muscle. An example would be subbing out flat bench press for flat dumbbell press. It works the same muscle, but now you have the added difficulty of stabilizing two dumbbells, which may help you over a plateau. But again this is after you've been running the same lifts for some time. Being new to this type of lifting, you should see some terrific gains without worrying about plateaus yet.
When I've lifted to gain mass in the past, I've ran an 8 week cycle with virtually the same lifts week in and week out, only increasing the weight as I got stronger. I gained a solid 8 pounds of muscle(not just water weight and fat) over the course of 8 weeks last time.
So the programs do work, even if they seem a little contrary to what you may believe.
blessinglove20
blessinglove20
United States
2011/11/12, 10:03 AM
Hello,
I hope you are doing great today? My name is Blessing i am a young single black girl i am happy to meet you in this site www.freetrainers.com so i would like to be your friend and i hope you don't mind? i would like you to write me back with my email(blessingfrances25@gmail.com) so that i can tell you more about me and send you my lovely pictures and for us to share great ideas together,