Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

My new schedule

merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/23, 04:06 PM
I am a new member. Thanks to all those who responded and welcomed me to the site. I just today started the twelve week mass builder program. I am 24 years old, stand 6 feet tall and weigh 158lbs. I take creatine serum and ripped fuel in the morning before I workout and take Methoxy pro and Alpha lipoic acid three times a day along with a multi vitamin. I eat well and am pleased with the effects of Methoxy pro. I just was questioning the length of time in between workouts with the free trainers plan. Can any of you answer this for me?? Thanks. Later.
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/25, 12:49 AM
What do you mean by the length of time between workouts? Are you refering to the length of time you rest each body part? Days off? Time of rest between changing programs, or what? As far as the Methoxy Pro goes, I tried it for a couple of weeks but seemed to bloat a bit, although I did see some gains. Then I switched to another methoxy based product that didn't have all the protein, figured I'd just use the protein I had stocked. I stayed on it for a month but really didn't see much happen. I might try methoxy again sometime though. Also while I've never tried the creatine serums I think that the pure creatine powder is better, if you get it from a quality source. How do you like the serum.
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/25, 11:55 AM
Skeld,
Thanks for writing back. I see you are a platinum member here so I will take what you write to heart. What I mean by time in between is that it seems there are an awful lot of rest days in the workout schedule. Another thing is that the leg workout consists of only three excercises. Squats, leg press, and seated calf raises. I just did shoulders, triceps, and abs today and felt it was a very good workout, so maybe I need to ride it out. Also, the second week is identical to the first. Is it like that all twelve weeks? The creatine serum is good and easy to take. It's five squirts under the tongue right before lifting. Talk to you later.
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/26, 03:17 AM
I wouldn't be to impressed by my "platinum" status if I were you. It just means I like to sit on my butt and run my mouth on the computer. :) But on the real side, I've lifted weights for a long time, and there's just nothing I like to talk about more. As far as the days off goes though, I'm guessing that you get, at most, four days of rest in a week. Thats fine. You need the rest to heal and build. You don't grow when you lift. In fact, that's when you break the muscle down. Every time you preform a blistering workout, you do a good bit of damage to your muscles. Your rest days are a chance for your body to repair and build up for the next encounter. Push yourself hard when you train, adding weight (even if it's a small increase)every time you workout, then push yourself just as hard in getting the rest and you will do fine. When you sleep is when you do your most intense building so get as much as you can. Good luck and don't quit!
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/04/26, 11:21 AM
Skeld,
Thanks for the reply again dog. I had one more question about the schedule. The legs thing. How can the legs truly develop if there are no hamstring excercises? Maybe there are some in the weeks to come, but the first two weeks have zero workouts for it. It's tough to get big for me. I have that body type where I have long legs, long arms and a short torso. I have good muscle tone and I am a natural athlete. It just takes so frickin long to see gains, so it's good I am a patient dude. Later and lift hard.