Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

My neck is always tense.

chris_poel
chris_poel
United Kingdom
2003/02/04, 11:39 AM
I ride a sporty motorcycle (CBR600) rather than drive a car and know that this puts strain on my neck - from the crouched position. I also have lifted weights to increase my size for going on 3 years now. I began training when I was 8 stone and am now 13 (without powders, I'm too poor). My neck is always tense and in need of a massage and good elbowing, but I was wondering if there were specific stretches I could do to prevent the back of my neck and tops of shoulders from always being so god damned tense?

Any help, any advice - it's all welcome. Don't tell me I need a massage though, because again the poorness comes into it.

I need a way of training that doesn't leave me a situation where I'm half a twang away from pulling one of the muscles running down my spine..

All the best, and as this is my first post I have to say that this website is a godsend. Proper advice from clever people, not the scoffs of muscle monkeys in the gym!
Chris
fsimmons
fsimmons
United States
2003/04/01, 04:35 PM
this may help the sides of your neck
standing upright: take your right hand and put it on the top left side of your head and pull your head to the right. take your left arm and without moving your torso try to push your hand palm down into the floor.
GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2003/05/06, 07:22 AM
If you just use a search engine on the internet such as google, altavista, overture, msn, .com and just type in neck stretches or just stretching in general im sure you'll find a bunch.