Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

my heart is on the table now

b.kopf
b.kopf
United States
2005/03/30, 02:18 PM
i need for some one to help me i am reciving help with a disorder but my question is how many calories of food do i need a day and what foods should i stay away from my neighbor and i walk 2 miles a day and also do a 24 minute work out tape i have lost 16lbs since doing this in 2 monthes i have went from 290lbs to 274lbs that is a size24 to a size 18 the doctor i am seeing said be proud cause i could still be weighing a whole whopping 290 and that 16lbs in 2 months i wonderful i think my problem is i dont have paitence i didnt see a difference quick enough but irealized its not who does it the fastest its whos alive to see it happen so please let me know what and how much i can eat to stay healthy and if i need to exercise more and so on thank you very much to the two wonderful peoplewho helped me see i am human . i am 5'7 274lbs want to be 150lbs and need to eat to do it thx again
Yumi
Yumi
United States
2005/03/30, 11:07 PM
Someone told me that your weight x 12 is how much calories you should have when you want to lose weight. He said you can start off with 13 or 14 and see how it goes, then if needed, go down to 12.

What type of food do you eat? You should stay away from fried food, salty food. Eat lean meat, lots of vegetables, whole grains. Use one of those online calorie counter, and count calories in the begining. I started writing down what I ate in the journal. There are times when I am so shamed of myself for eating so much. But if I have to write down, I'm not running away from my problem. I have to face it. Whatever your eating problem is, I'm sure writing down will help.

Do you drink soda? I don't think soda, even diet one, is good for you. Drinking enough water? You need to drink lots of water. I drink almost a gallon a day.

I think you should forcus on your exercise performance more than your weight. For example, start timing how long it takes for you to walk 2 miles. And try to get faster each day, and maybe start jogging instead of walking eventually.

You can start doing weight lifting, as muscle burns more calories even when you are sleeping.

Also do not compare yourself with others.
neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/04, 06:26 PM
^
Awesome post...that's the best I can give you aswell. I try to eat all natural food...when I keep it down. I wish you the very best luck..And as I told you before. You are beautiful no matter what your scale tells you.

All my love:love:,
Ashley.
thedominator
thedominator
United Kingdom
2005/04/09, 09:24 AM
and including to all the suggestions u've been given above.. please don't cut out ur diet and don't suffer the "hunger" or "dieting" (some would call it)... give ur body enough food after ever 3-4 hours so that it won't go into starvation mode.. as when it goes to starvation mode.. it will start storing fat so that it can rely on it when u make it starve next time.. as bb1fit says.. body cares about surviving not looking good on the beach..

best of luck for ur goal... keep urself healthy as u owe it to urself... :)

--------------
A life worth living is a life lived with honor and dignity..bow to no moral and bowed by none.. THATS ME
Reddy
Reddy
United States
2005/04/09, 12:36 PM
16 lbs in 2 months - that is great - just keep at it
you only want to lose 2 lbs a week
this gives your body time to adjust to the new wieght if you lose faster you will gain it all back since your body will want to be at the heavier wieght

You didn't gain it all overnight - you can lose it just going

--------------
Reddy

All people smile in the same language
sivysivy
sivysivy
United States
2005/04/11, 01:33 AM
good job!