Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Muscle Overload and Muscle Exhaustion

Booger
Booger
United States
2002/09/10, 01:18 AM
Ok, now I'm confussed. Can someone explain the difference between muscle overload and muscle exhaustion? I started taking whey protein today and plan to hit the Cell-Tech in a couple of weeks, and I don't want to be waiting my time or money. My goal is to pack on lean muscle and bulk.
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2002/09/10, 03:51 PM
If you are just in the beginning phases of working out, I would not waste money on Cell-Tech. Have you seen the price and the number of serving in one of those huge cannisters?? I would recommend going with the basics right now, i.e. clean diet and protein supplementation. When you are at a more advanced stage of working out, then consider something like Cell-Tech. As to your question on muscle overload v. muscle exhaustion, I do not know the context in which you saw them used. I would say that muscle overload is not in my lifting vocabulary. I have been around this arena for several years now.
Booger
Booger
United States
2002/09/11, 12:14 AM
I am refering to a message sent 08-29-2002 ~ 23:49

============
Quoting from the_w8lifter:

If you are just in the beginning phases of working out, I would not waste money on Cell-Tech. Have you seen the price and the number of serving in one of those huge cannisters?? I would recommend going with the basics right now, i.e. clean diet and protein supplementation. When you are at a more advanced stage of working out, then consider something like Cell-Tech. As to your question on muscle overload v. muscle exhaustion, I do not know the context in which you saw them used. I would say that muscle overload is not in my lifting vocabulary. I have been around this arena for several years now.
=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/09/11, 11:23 PM
Muscle overload is what you are striving for if you are trying to gain at all. This simply means to tax the muscle with heavier loads. Muscle exhaustion is training the muscle you have for endurance. You will grow absolutely nothing from this style of training. Think of the sprinter in comparison to the long distance runner. Who is bigger and stronger? While the distance runner falls across the tape in a heap of exhaustion, does he ever grow? Now look at the sprinter. They do short bursts of speeed. I.E.overload. Much more muscular. If you take a 20 lb. dumbell and do enough curls, you will exhaust the muscle,, in other words get it tired, but you will not gain one iota of size. Now take 6 heavy reps for 3 sets, and see what happens. That is overload compared exhaustion. I hope this helps some.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/09/11, 11:27 PM
By the way, I have to ask, how did you come up with the name "booger"? Makes one think of the Revenge of the Nerds...hhhmmmmm
Booger
Booger
United States
2002/09/12, 04:34 PM
You couldn't have made it any clearer or simpler. Thanks alot for the feedback.

Oh yeh... I'm not clever enough to come up with something like w8tlifter or benchbouy or some such... But I should get some attention with "Booger"!

(PS. It's my dogs name...)

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

By the way, I have to ask, how did you come up with the name "booger"? Makes one think of the Revenge of the Nerds...hhhmmmmm
=============
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/09/12, 09:18 PM
Glad to help, and nothing meant by the question about the name. You are right, every screen name you seem to come up with is already taken!! Good luck to you.
imran4sin
imran4sin
New Zealand
2003/01/03, 10:54 PM
Bu i guess if yoiu are trying to define your body then exhausting is the way to go.
On the other hand if you wanna build you seld then go for heavy weighs with low reps.

Isn't this right!! (b1fit)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/03, 11:11 PM
Pretty much so. If you are trying to define, exhausting more calories by using higher reps, less rest time between sets is optimal. Do not decrease your weights though, you will be setting yourself up for muscle loss. And don't forget, without proper diet, it matters little what workout you are doing, you will not see much in the way of results.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!