Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Middle back

feliciano58
feliciano58
United States
2005/04/26, 10:44 PM
Out of pure spontaneity I asked one of my friends to sit on my back while in the "up" position of a push-up. I told him to get off, but he didn't. A second afterward I felt a slight twinge in my back. He then got up. I didn't think anything of it then, 'cause it really didn't bother me. It doesn't bother me much now, either, but there's a noticeable stiffness to some of my movements, and sometimes even a slight discomfort (not so much painful). I do sets of pushups, situps and pullups every Mon., Wed., Fri, and I also jog Mon.-Fri. 4 miles on avg. I swim at least once a week and sometimes more if I'm in the mood for chlorine. Should I be worried? Should I just continue as I was? I don't think where I feel the slight discomfort (pain, if you really wanna call it that) would be affected by my exercises, but multiple opinions would be appreciated. I'm thinking when I do my swim for the week it'll feel a little better the following day.
feliciano58
feliciano58
United States
2005/04/26, 10:46 PM
At least it's not my lower back, but I still don't wanna mess up any of my back. :P
2005/04/27, 07:12 PM
You probably slightly tweaked your back....just give it a few days....

you should try some weight training especially 'deadlifts'...to help keep your back strong....