Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Messed up feet

Dogfeathers
Dogfeathers
United States
2002/08/16, 02:03 PM
I'm in the Army, and I've spent the last month out in the field. I ended up losing feeling in my toes and heels, which I have been assured will come back eventually. Since I've been back, though, I've been experiencing pain in my toes on my right foot and the top of my left foot. It's not the same area that's numb, and it feels like the pain is originating from the bones, not the muscle or anything. It feels like it's bruised. Does anyone know what it could be and/or what to do about it before I go running to the doctor?
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/16, 03:36 PM
I had this for awhile or something like it. My feet more burned while as was playing basketball and then would feel bruised after. It might have been athletes foot or maybe a sprained something. Icing might help and time off your feet will too.
I think it also had something to do with sweating in my shoes so much while playing. I wear two socks on each foot when I play and I think it was to much moisture for my feet to handle.
quads123
quads123
Canada
2002/08/20, 04:39 PM
I had something similar ... doctor said it was tendonitis. It could also be a stress fracture. Take it easy (don't aggravate it) and I agree that ice is a good idea.

Good luck!