Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

meals for hypoglycmemia?

jamieileana
jamieileana
United States
2008/06/30, 08:08 AM
hi there, i am 51 years old, female and i have hypoglycmeia symptoms when i try to workout fasting. i also have to eat every 3 hours or i get symptoms. my problem is not being able to wait 2-3 hours after a meal to workout and i obviously cant do it fastin either. i am nearing a diabetic 2 level if i dont do something now! i am ready to go! i have a home set up of a treadmill, eclipse and weights, or i can go to the gym. i prefer home incase i need to eat! my problem is just HAVING to eat something before i exercise....i just dont know what would be good choices for cardio/weights. i want to do 1 hour of cardio 3 times a week as my dr. recommended and weights at least 2 times a week, prefer full body wrkout to get it over with. any suggestions would be soooo much appreciated!
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/06/30, 09:13 AM
Why do you have to wait 2-3 hours after a meal to workout? I personally only wait maybe an hour depending what I eat, but then again I don't have hypoglycemia so take that for what it's worth.

If time is a problem why don't you do 30 minutes twice a day instead of an hour once a day?
georgiagirl
georgiagirl
United States
2008/07/01, 01:33 PM
Jamie...I am HG.

Your post is interesting because you say you are HG but also nearing type 2 diabetic... they are polar opposites.

What are you symptoms? Have you done glucose testing to determine HG?

Controlling HG with diet is easy once you know exactly what yo really have.