Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Mass Fuel

lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/16, 03:39 PM
I have some high school friend who are taking this and was wondering what it is really like. These guys know nothing about what they are putting in their bodies and they fail to do the research, which could cost them someime. But every thing I read about it talks about it being close to anabolic steriods.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/08/16, 04:35 PM
is this the mass fuel by twin labs or something else?

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/17, 03:56 PM
yeah by twinlab. I dont know much about it and what it really means.
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/19, 07:48 PM
I found this write up on it. can anyone give me insight into what it really means?

Twinlab Mass Fuel Helps Maximize Lean Muscle Mass, Delicious Vanilla Flavor. New Improved Mass Fuel is the most scientifically formulated product ever developed for bodybuilders and other athletes looking to maximize lean muscle mass without the use of anabolic steroids. New Improved Mass Fuel taken after weight-training exercise can speed recovery and produce a hormonal environment that may be favorable to protein synthesis and muscle growth. Product Highlights: New Improved Mass Fuel is fat free! New Improved Mass Fuel contains no added sugar! New Improved Mass Fuel is rich in complex carbohydrates. No simple sugars such as sucrose or fructose are added. The complex carbohydrate in this formula stimulates the anabolic and anti-catabolic hormone insulin. Insulin enhances muscle growth by increasing the rate amino acids enter muscle cells. Carbohydrates also increase the rate of muscle glycogen synthesis which is important for recovery. New Improved Mass Fuel is rich in high biological-quality milk and egg proteins. Combining carbohydrates with protein is gaining popularity among both bodybuilders and athletes. This trend is a results of the growing body of data on the anti-catabolic synergism of carbohydrate-protein mixtures. Also, carbohydrate-protein mixtures are more effective for post-exercise glycogen replenishment than carbohydrates alone. New Improved Mass Fuel is also enriched with branched chain amino acids (l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine), L-Glutamine, Alpha-Ketoglutarates, Keto-Isocaproate (KIC), L-Carnitine And Creatine Monohydrate. New Improved Mass Fuel contains high potencies of vitamins and minerals including 2000mg of potassium and 300mcg of chromium from patented Chromic Fuel chromium picolinate.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/08/19, 08:05 PM
I'm no expert, but it sounds like a glorified post workout protein shake. Now I will sit and wait for someone to correct me. ;)
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/19, 09:44 PM
yeah rev, where did you go? I know that you know your supplements.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/08/20, 12:35 AM
"new and improved".....hmmmm, its amazing (and good!) to see how some tried and true old school methods maybe starting to make a comeback.
mass fuel was great when it first came out many years ago. it had a 2:1 carb:protein ratio, and was great as a post workout meal. but then they added aspartame to it, which is another pet-peeve of mine with several weight gainers: why in the hell would you need an artificial sweetener in a product where you are trying to get excess calories!? but i digress...
what it says is basically true, that it will help provide a good positive nitrogen and analbolic environment for muscle repairs after a workout. but so will any other meal with that ratio. the only thing i would probably change on it is to make the protein source whey only. that is the best form of protein to take after a workout, as well as the best time of the day to take whey. the other ingredients are definitely bonus materials, but nothing to blow a huge some of cash on.

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
lewdog_55
lewdog_55
United States
2002/08/21, 06:23 PM
Well it was on sale at GNC and I was thinking of using it on lifting days for about 5 weeks during part of my mass gain phase.