Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

lump! yikes!

effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2003/05/08, 02:00 AM
I'm a little scared right now because I have a large lump in one breast that's not going away. It's been there easily six months. I have lumps that come and go due to problems with cysts, but they're always mobile and painful. This one, however, is stuck on top of one of my ribs, it doesn't move, it doesn't hurt. It's about the size of my thumb after the last knuckle. I went back to my doctor again today, and she's sending me for a mammography and ultrasound and a possible biopsy. Chances are it's benign, but I have to wait 3 weeks for the testing, and it keeps slowly but surely getting bigger. I guess this is just part of the territory with being female, but this is something I expected at 40, not at 20. I just really needed to share this. I'd appreciate any replies from anyone else who's been here.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
jefado
jefado
United States
2003/05/08, 08:11 AM
I've had my share of frights in that area and understand how vulnerable it makes you feel.
Just remember to keep your chin up <smile> and stay positive...nothing is solved with negativity.
And if you do run into bad news, there are many support groups out there....and I'll help you contact some of them if necessary.
I'm here to listen if you need to talk....just email me @ jefado@hotmail.com
Take care.