Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

lower pec problems

omen2853
omen2853
United States
2003/05/11, 09:58 PM
anybody have any suggestions to improve lower pecs? ive read alot of the forum (although not all of it) and all i can find is upper pec stuff. currently for lower pecs i switch between barbell decline bench, dumbell decline bench, and cable crossovers coming from the bottom cables depending on the week (i.e. i never do these the same day..just one) ive started to do weighted dips trying to lean forward but that usually gets my shoudlers more than my chest. and come to think of it, i have NEVER felt the same stress on the chest muscle for any decline movement, that i have with flat and incline. what im trying to do is lose my fat around the bottom part of my chest without surgery (i have mild gynecosmastia that WILL be gone damnit :). so with some diet changes im starting to try i want to add in some excersizes that will help. is my form just wrong? cause these should work right?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/05/12, 01:00 PM
Decline benches should always be felt. Your problem may be in form. Also, try doing them first in your chest routine if you currently don't. Always focus your strongest on your weakest parts. I like following these up with heavy weighted pullovers, great lower chest stretch is imparitive here(very old school exercise,but works very well), and then when you weighted dips leaning forward, your lower chest should be feeling the brunt of it. This is a very solid routine, then move on to flat benches or inclines or whichever you choose next. Forget the cable crossovers, waste of time for lower developement if you don't have any now. Hope this helps..Good luck. I can tell you from experience, it works.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/05/12, 01:03 PM
One more note, if you are doing declines on a decline bench, there can be a tendency to overuse shoulders. You may want to try the smith machine, can pile on some pretty hefty weight, and once you get your range of motion set, it can't be changed, and tense your chest and concentrate on each rep.

--------------
As far as genetics go, the skies the limit. You are limited only by your mental perception of it.

Ron
richardjst
richardjst
United States
2003/06/23, 11:57 AM
Whooooooaaaaa!!!!!If your trying to lose fat around the lower peck then stop with the concentration on the lower peck. It would be nice if we could spot reduce but that my freind is not possible. If you want to rid the lower pectorals the hitting them will only make the muscle below the fat bigger...hence they will become more prominent. Instead, work the inlclines they will help pull and lift up the chest. Also, lat pull downs, pull ups and low rows will help tighten the chest area. There is no substitution however, for cardio and a balanced diet. Try to cut 500 calories a day over the course of week, that is a pound of fat(3500 cal.)500 calories is rather easy that could be a soft drink and a snack. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have the same exact problem, I had trouble getting girls when my tits were bigger than theirs.

--------------
Contrary to popular belief, bouncing the weight does NOT work the muscle...huh...who\'d a thunk it. ~Dick