Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

lower body makeover

cmayala
cmayala
United States
2011/12/12, 08:29 PM
i am 5'7 and weigh about 150lbs. i do some cardio, about 30 minutes 3-5 times a week, i do squats, lunges, inner and outer thigh machines, leg presses, you name it. i currently use 90lbs of weights on the inner and outer thigh machines, 60 to 100 lbs on the others. i also do upper body but focus mostly on lower body and abs. I absolutely cannot get rid of the extra layer of fat on my legs. even at my thinnest and most fittest my legs were still flabby. I am active all day i eat lots of protein and veggies and try to stay away from sugar, bread and pastas, etc. What am I doing wrong. I read some of the posts about doing more squats and lunges and less cardio but i feel i am fairly close to that routine already, i can do even less cardio and continue to up my weights but i am so frustrated. i see no progress for all my hard work. plus i have a pouch of fat below my butt/upper thigh that will not go away either. dont get me started on the celluite. someone please help...