Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Lower back pain

karynrose
karynrose
United States
2012/01/10, 12:44 PM
Hello I have a lower back problem , due from a car accident and then labor..lol I have pain in the ligaments around my sacrum and it very painful and annoying!!! I notice if i dont workout it hurts and when i start it hurts but as i go on it feels a little better unless i put it out or fall on it and ill be out for about 2-4 weeks. I run and i can but i feel the pain later, soreness etc. But the point is for me is, if i dont im in great pain and if i do workout not so much but i look and feel better:) I just wish I can do something more to make it go away for life... anyone else have lower back pain? ( i was struck in the sacrum area by a car who ran a red light-I was walking across the street)
If i didnt have fitness i dont know what  or where I would be or feel like:)
burris79
burris79
United States
2017/06/25, 07:50 PM
I see this is an old post, but I'm new here and was checking this forum out. I've had lower back pain since I was 21 (I'm 38 now) and it started when I went running for the first time in the wrong kind of shoes. What I have found over the years is that when I am in better shape, it doesn't really hurt. As I get out of shape, it hurts. Over the last 5 years it has been worse than ever. I have been to PT and have been told that I need to strengthen my core. Admittedly I am out of shape. I was in an accident back in 2008 and got out of shape from there and I am easily 50 lbs over weight. More depending on the chart. That said, it all seems to add up to a weakened core. My goal is to lose weight and build up strength. To that end, it should take care of my back problems. Sounds like your issue may be similar, but of course, I don't know what level of fitness your at, so only you can know that.  Hope you are doing better!